Tipping at Palos

Annette

Earning My Ears
Are you to tip at Palos when you leave? Are these diff waiter/ess than the other restaurant so you would have to tip then? What is a reasonable tip?

The wait staff at Palo's *is* different from your regular wait staff in the main dinning rooms. (They DO provide equally outstanding service!)

Many people say you should tip based on what you would normally pay for the meal you eat. You kind of have to figure this on your own; i.e. guessing what the meal you just consumed would cost. Then figure 20% and tip that.

We tipped $25 and thought it was well worth it!

i was under the impression that the cover charge for Palo's was the gratuity. that's how the brochure makes it sound.

Meab, it technically IS, but most folks tip on top of that. The service at Palo warrants WAY more than $5 per person. :)

we tip based on what we estimate the meal will cost at a nice restaurant. usually, we tip $20.00 over and above the $10.00 cover charge,for a total of $30.00

Originally, DH thought "no way" am I going to tip extra over the $10 but our server (Elle) was so great he agreed she definately deserved a nice tip. Best money we ever spent!

We usually tip $20 additional, and for brunch we did $10 additional. At high tea, there is no cover charge so you do not get a slip on which you can add extra. For that, I brought phone cards.
Barb
Visit the Platinum Castaway Club at: www.castawayclub.com

We usually tip $20 additional, and for brunch we did $10 additional. At high tea, there is no cover charge so you do not get a slip on which you can add extra. For that, I brought phone cards.
Barb

Barb

We were wondering about the $5.00 cover and while we were eating there it occured to us that they need to charge some nominal fee so that they can bring you the bill to sign hoping for extra. (I'm sure there must be someone out there who doesn't drink at Palos, although it sure wasn't us!). I don't think the $5.00 is what they are living on. It's certainly not enough to cover the meal since they do not have as many tables as the regular restaurants on the boat. I can't imagine why any server would leave their regular spot for Palo's if they weren't compensated better. Still not quite sure how it works. In any case, we tipped $30.00 figuring the meal to cost about $150.00 leaving them 20% tip. Well worth it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter