Tipping at Palo Question

This thread is great info considering our first Palo brunch is coming soon. Is it acceptable to leave a cash tip at the table when leaving? What is the customary procedure with tipping your Palo server?

This thread is great info considering our first Palo brunch is coming soon. Is it acceptable to leave a cash tip at the table when leaving? What is the customary procedure with tipping your Palo server?

Hello -

Well we just got off the Fantasy and first brunch as well. We were very happy with the level of service and tipped $10/pp or $20 to the check when it arrived. I didn't anticipate leaving this much but for about 1.5 hrs of service, which was very attentive but not overly so - if you know what i mean.

So - in answer to your question - IMO i would leave the tip on the check. It's not the kind of place that is cash-based but i get that your trying to not add it your post cruise blues :) I bet that they would be happy with anything you leave... have fun!

PS: Not exactly related but i will also add that there was only random mild vibration felt... and we were booking it in deep water against a heavy wind. The water glasses hardly showed any vibration at all. So some of the posts you may read about excessive vibration are probably caused by other environmental conditions... the Fantasy was in perfect working order even in some mildly rough waters :)

We tipped $20/pp at Palo and $50/pp at Remy, both for a party of 5. Can't remember the cost at Palo, Remy was around $1,000 before tip. Our waiter at Remy (?, from Italy) was outstanding and we seemed to be her only table for the 3+ hours.

We tip $50 for Palo due to the wonderful waiters and amazing food. That meal would easily cost $200 plus. The last waiter we had on the Magic was Sylvester - probably the best waiter I have ever had.

Many people have taken the time to write detailed answers. Thank you. But, my poor little brain, there's such a variety of replies. I had thought $20 for two non-drinkers, not that that makes much of a difference. I now think I'll go prepared with more money (I like to leave tips in cash) and let the service sway me.

Many people have taken the time to write detailed answers. Thank you. But, my poor little brain, there's such a variety of replies. I had thought $20 for two non-drinkers, not that that makes much of a difference. I now think I'll go prepared with more money (I like to leave tips in cash) and let the service sway me.

Most people " charge" to their room account rather than pay cash, but you can do that.

Tipping is personal and up to you, I know a couple of posters downplay tips regularly, We tip well as the service is very good.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter