• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Tip for Restless Sleeper?

Randi Morse

Earning My Ears
My 11 year old is NOT easy to sleep with. She kicks everyone out of the bed! Unfortunately, due to budgets, we will be staying in one of the value resorts this November. Five years ago we stayed and my son and daughter (my son is 14) had a rough time sleeping together. I know we can't get a cot in the value resort - any tips as to how we can get the two of them sleeping comfortably? I'll greatly appreciate it!!

I would agree on the air mattress. My kiddos cannot sleep together since they both kick and turn and are like fish out of water in bed. We brought a twin air mattress on our last trip and it was a life saver. Amazon has decent ones for pretty cheap.

And it fit in one of the budget rooms? I believe we're staying at All Star Sports - did you leave it blown up all the time or did you take it down every day?

When we took an air mattress, we just leaned it up agains the wall to make more walking space available. We didn't deflate/inflate each day.

We were not in a budget room but it's amazing how tight a space you can fit one it. We have done it both ways and left it up; the maid even moved it and stood it up for us or if we needed the walking space, we deflated it and then reput it up for bed.

We had a double air mattress we fit in All Star Sports when we went. It was tight, but it fit between the bed and window, we just leaned it up against the wall every day so it wouldn't be in the way.

Since making them sleep in the bathtub or drugging them senseless is probably not something they would agree to, I think the air mattress is likely the best solution. And standing it up against a wall when not in use makes life a lot easier for everyone, including housekeeping.

And it fit in one of the budget rooms? I believe we're staying at All Star Sports - did you leave it blown up all the time or did you take it down every day?

We used an air mattress at All Stars and it was fine and we just put it up between the wall and the bed each morning. A few tips - when using the air mattress at night, make sure everyone has a clear path to the bathroom and to the door (in case of emergency). We found if, just at night, we moved the table and chairs closer together, the mattress would fit into that area. In the morning, we propped up the mattress and moved the table and chairs back. Took maybe a total of five minutes to do this.

I was going to say benedryl, but air mattress seems like a better solution! Just kidding! I joke with my oldest all the time, that the night before Disney I will give him benedryl.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter