• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Timing for AK/HS Split Day

Nikki21

Mouseketeer
Hi All!!

We will be doing a split day for AK (morning) and HS (evening) on Tues 11/18
AK opens at 9:00am on this day and HS closes at 8:00pm that evening.

What is the best time to head out of AK and make our way to HS?

Eat lunch at AK, then hop after lunch.

When exactly you eat and hop will depend on which shows you want to see at which parks. Take a look at the current show schedules (they might change a bit by November though) and see what you will be able to fit in. You won't be able to see every show at both parks.

I agree with the PP that it depends on what you want to do. I have hopped from AK to another park after only a couple of hours or as late as 4 pm. I have also arrived at DHS from another park as late as 7 pm.

It is all in what you want to accomplish at each park on that day.

Following! DFi and I are doing a split day between AK and DHS. We both want to ride EE and he wants to ride Dinosaur. Our first FP is for RnR at 2:40pm. AK has morning EMH hours so we should be able to get onto both and possibly explore the park (It's DFi's first time going) before getting to DHS around 2pm or so, right?

Following! DFi and I are doing a split day between AK and DHS. We both want to ride EE and he wants to ride Dinosaur. Our first FP is for RnR at 2:40pm. AK has morning EMH hours so we should be able to get onto both and possibly explore the park (It's DFi's first time going) before getting to DHS around 2pm or so, right?

You won't be able to do all the shows and all the attractions in that time frame, so you will likely need to skip something, but you can see most everything. We happen to love going out to Planet Watch and the Nemo show, but I think if you skipped those two, for example, you could do everything else if you did only CS lunch.

You won't be able to do all the shows and all the attractions in that time frame, so you will likely need to skip something, but you can see most everything. We happen to love going out to Planet Watch and the Nemo show, but I think if you skipped those two, for example, you could do everything else if you did only CS lunch.

We're mostly concerned about EE and Dinosaur. The rest of it doesn't really matter (at least to me), but if we have the time, we'd explore a little. I figured we wouldn't get everything done, but so long as we get those two rides in, that's all that matters. We have one free day so if we want to go back for a few hours we can. We're light eaters so we'd go to Restaurantasaurus or sometin'. Thanks! :)

We're mostly concerned about EE and Dinosaur. The rest of it doesn't really matter (at least to me), but if we have the time, we'd explore a little. I figured we wouldn't get everything done, but so long as we get those two rides in, that's all that matters. We have one free day so if we want to go back for a few hours we can. We're light eaters so we'd go to Restaurantasaurus or sometin'. Thanks! :)

You won't have any trouble getting Everest & Dinosaur done first thing in the morning. Plenty of time to get to DHS by 2:00.

I would also recommend the Festival of the Lion King show (there will be a couple of show times before noon), and the Safari is our favorite AK attraction. You should have plenty of time for those as well (assuming you plan to arrive by park opening time).

You won't have any trouble getting Everest & Dinosaur done first thing in the morning. Plenty of time to get to DHS by 2:00.

I would also recommend the Festival of the Lion King show (there will be a couple of show times before noon), and the Safari is our favorite AK attraction. You should have plenty of time for those as well (assuming you plan to arrive by park opening time).

I loved Festival of the Lion King when I went back in 2000 so I would definitely go see it again! Thanks for the suggestions! :goodvibes

We've been to both several times so some of the shows we can skip.
I know we will WANT to do EE and the Safari and maybe Nemo. We really just like wandering around AK.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter