TIming Cali Grill dinner and HEA - Help!

Cando86

DIS Veteran
Hello!

We have a Cali Grill dinner ADR in late January at 5pm. HEA that evening is at 8. I know that watching HEA from Cali Grill is an option but will be with a group who has not seen the show and would like to see it in MK.

How would you suggest approaching this with a 5pm ADR? Are there any spots you would suggest that might be available closer to 7:30 after our dinner?

Thanks in advance!

Hello!

We have a Cali Grill dinner ADR in late January at 5pm. HEA that evening is at 8. I know that watching HEA from Cali Grill is an option but will be with a group who has not seen the show and would like to see it in MK.

How would you suggest approaching this with a 5pm ADR? Are there any spots you would suggest that might be available closer to 7:30 after our dinner?

Thanks in advance!

CG won’t take you 2.5 hours, unless you’re just making it a big dinner affair. I would think more like 1.5? That leaves plenty of time to walk over to MK and get a spot somewhere in the hub.

ETA - with late Jan park crowds and you likely leaving CR in 6:30-7 range at latest, I would just march on into the hub and grab a spot where you can. Should be doable without a ‘ton’ of chaos, I think!

Last edited:
I agree with GADisneyDad14. You will be fine. Dinner should take about 90 minutes which takes you to 6:30 pm. I would simply walk from there. You should be in MK no later than 7 pm. That's plenty of time to find a spot.

In November my res was 5:30 with 9pm HEA. granted i was just a group of 2 but we were back in MK with time to go on Under the Sea before the Fireworks. you'll have plenty of time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter