• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Timeshare exchanges in the Disney area---Orange Lake, Spanish Cove, etc?

senorak

Earning My Ears
I'm already looking into trading our timeshare week for next summer and would love to spend it in the Disney vicinity. We are spending a week in WDW this summer (2 weeks from now....Poly). I thought that next summer, we could return to the area; but not spend all our time in WDW...with using our timeshare exchange, we would take advantage of the ammenities the timeshare resort has to offer and also visit some of the other Orlando area attractions (blasphemy, I know). I've already "played around" with trading...and found quite a few RCI resorts available---is anyone familiar with them? I've checked out their websites, but "first person" reports are always more important to me.

Orange Lake Country Club, Bryan's Spanish Cove, Celebration World Resort

Any info (pos/neg) would be appreciated. Thanks.

DEB

Orange Lake is a beautiful resort. Great if you are a golfer. I would stay away from Bryan's Spanish cove. Never stay there but was not impressed by it from looking at it from the outside. I own at Westgate Vacation Villas off 192. I like it. Largee resort, 10 pools, great location for restaurants etc. Never stayed at Celebration Resort, it is new and reviews I heard are great. If you are a timeshare owner, you may be interested in joining Timeshare Users Group. The cost is $15. a year and you then have access to reviews of resorts all over the US. Their website is www.tug2.net. If you decide to join, please tell them mrsstats referred you.

Last year, we stayed a few nights at Summer Bay. Its a little west of Orange Lake on 192. It was a very quiet complex. It had one pool, a tiki bar, one jacuzzi, a basketball court. At the time, we stayed in a brand new one bedroom condo. Everything in our section was new and clean. There was an older section of villas, but we didn't see inside of these. Enjoy your trip to Orlando!

Just wanted to second the idea of looking at the detailed reviews on Timeshare Users Group - TUG. If you own a timeshare, you'd get far more than your money's worth in value by joining TUG. You'll really get the most out of your timeshare and trading, by reading the reviews before you trade. Enjoy!

Vistana is a really nice timeshare to stay at. They have two resorts in the Disney area. The (Sheraton Vistana Villages) are the brand new resort. So you might want to try and see if anything is available there. The original resort (Sheraton's Vistana Resort) has many different phases. Some are older than others. The newer phases are Cascades, Lakes and Fountains. The original resort is only about 5 minutes from Disney. The Villages are located on the southern end of International Drive(quiet side) and are about 10 minutes from Disney and 5 minutes from Sea World I believe.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter