Time will tell...

Hello, Joe. We are good. Thank you for remembering us! Hope you had a Merry Christmas.

Well had a great Christmas yesterday and ended the day with two drinks and the next thing you know, I was thinking about all our January trips in years past and then.........I went and peeked at the reservations and well one thing lead to another and we will be there in two weeks.

We are headed back...

The pool thing is going to be a big thing for us, as we will stay out of the parks.

Can someone PLEASE confirm the pool refurbishments are being done in 2023 and not 2022? I know they say 2023, but is that a type o?

Thank you.

Last edited:
Can someone PLEASE confirm the pool refurbishments are being done in 2023 and not 2022? I know they say 2023, but is that a type o?
I posted in the Jan 22 topic, but the pool closure is still showing as 2023. Wierd to have over a year notice. I have had notices in MDE and by email letting me know about a resort closure impacting my stay and I don't have anything for my trip in 2 weeks. I'll let you know if I find anything about it being this January.

THIS link shows closures for January 2022. Disney announced earlier this year about a plan to remnovate most of the resort pools. From the link, it appears AKL and AoA are January 22. This site also shows Contemporary as January 2023, but no mention of the Fort. Disney's own site and THIS one both have Contemporary and the Fort at the same time in 2023.

j

Last edited:
Thanks for going the extra mile here. That's reassuring.

I posted in the Jan 22 topic, but the pool closure is still showing as 2023. Wierd to have over a year notice. I have had notices in MDE and by email letting me know about a resort closure impacting my stay and I don't have anything for my trip in 2 weeks. I'll let you know if I find anything about it being this January.

THIS link shows closures for January 2022. Disney announced earlier this year about a plan to remnovate most of the resort pools. From the link, it appears AKL and AoA are January 22. This site also shows Contemporary as January 2023, but no mention of the Fort. Disney's own site and THIS one both have Contemporary and the Fort at the same time in 2023.

j

Yay Melissa! You're back!!!
We are trying to get back September, my hubby wanted to try for Christmas but I remember your TR and the thought of all those crowds sounds awful.

It sure has been a while, hasn’t it. I sure did love that one December trip we made. It was nice to see the Christmas in full display and the castle illuminated like that, the random people who would just up and start a golf cart holiday parade at night on a whim.....but I don’t miss being landlocked on a MK bridge with three thousand people having their bodies heaving against each other and not moving for twenty minutes......yeah.......

heave......ho.......heave.......ho.......there's no where to go...

It’s funny how much time and effort I’d spend for months building up to the next annual trip....how much effort would be put into designing a plan for us to avoid the crowds. The time spent on the cursed fast passes.....the ninja moves and routes we’d take to go from one attraction to the other in a timed fashion that was perfectly developed over the years. In my honest opinion, tour guide crowd control guy had nothing on me!

I avoided and loathed the crowds like no other and I could defend our parade spot like a warrior......those days are gone now.....

Two years later, I have no idea what's going on with anything....
magic bands...no clue
fast passes...is that still a thing...doesn't apply to me now
how does ticket days work now...no clue.
not going to worry about those things.

One things for sure.....you couldn't get me in those parks right now if someone was paying me to do so.

Me thinks I'll enjoy the FL sunshine, the nice weather ahead, the beauty that settles in every part of the Fort, the people, and all the activities, and just relax and enjoy a much much overdue Fort Wilderness visit.

The night light parade.........OH MY GOODNESS! That's all I need.

And on the same note.....it would take almost nothing for my children to convince me otherwise. If we get down there and one of the kids decides they really want to the parks....well then, we go to the parks....lol!

I'm back is right, but like a Jack Nicholson from the Shining kind of back...just kidding! I'm terrible. I know.

Satire seems to fill me these days.

Yay Melissa! You're back!!!
We are trying to get back September, my hubby wanted to try for Christmas but I remember your TR and the thought of all those crowds sounds awful.

Yes, although I see lots of decorations during both Halloween and Christmas seasons, I don't relish the thought of all the people and the traffic in the loops at that time, much like the congestion experienced at the parks sometimes. So for now we'll pass on those times of year at The Fort for ourselves.

I can understand that. I knew what I was signing up for when I made the reservations. I wanted to see things in December and we did!
I'll never forget the congestion on the bridge, but now its just a "OMG do you remember that one time"....and then we just laugh.
In the end, it will be what you make of it.

Yes, although I see lots of decorations during both Halloween and Christmas seasons, I don't relish the thought of all the people and the traffic in the loops at that time, much like the congestion experienced at the parks sometimes. So for now we'll pass on those times of year at The Fort for ourselves.

Hello, Joe. We are good. Thank you for remembering us! Hope you had a Merry Christmas.

Well had a great Christmas yesterday and ended the day with two drinks and the next thing you know, I was thinking about all our January trips in years past and then.........I went and peeked at the reservations and well one thing lead to another and we will be there in two weeks.

We are headed back...

The pool thing is going to be a big thing for us, as we will stay out of the parks.

Thank you.

Melissa, we are here now, and you only have to wear your mask indoors. Both pools are open and we are enjoying them lots. The food trucks at the Meadows are a nice addition. Take your chairs down to the beach, and watch the fireworks. Loving this warm weather. safe travels. Barb

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter