Time to say Goodbye for Now....

Not going back without free dining. If it never comes back, they're missing the boat.

I really thought I was going to say goodbye too, but lol now we're going to be in Paris before going to Belfast next Sept. (2023), and I just added three nights on to do three nights / two days at the end of Paris before Belfast for Disneyland Paris (gonna stay in a Disney Hotel for the early entry -- if price is similar to individual booking of things may do package too which gets you into the park for four days for a three night stay -- fun to go in night before). We for distance and budget reasons usually stick to North America, so for us it's rare to go to Europe and it's a trip that is much more expensive than our normal vacation budget (no dollar savings here -- the opposite).

Being in Paris, being so close to Disney, and DS and I, being big Disney park fans, it was pretty easy to talk myself into the extra time. It's also always been super fun for me to do something that is so similar to what I have done before, but yet so different at the same time (e.g. We get a kick out of McDonalds in different countries for example (Halifax, Moscow (won't be going back there in my lifetime I'd say though now), and Paris (for me 47 years ago). So much for my saying no to Disney next year.

Last edited:
I've been thinking of what to say in response to this for awhile. I'm glad you've found a solution that works for you.
Here are my thoughts: Your response feeds into my point about Disney becoming "Versailles." It seems you are fighting tooth and nail to get a camping reservation, which includes what, electricity and water? (Pardon me, but I've never camped like that before). So you're going to cram up to 10 people to make it affordable to sleep in tents and be outdoors most of the time? Couldn't you find larger campsites with better views and accommodations for much less? I will admit, I'm being biased because this is not my idea of a fun Disney vacation and I'd need a hotel room. Regardless, you are fighting for a reservation and paying top dollar to be crowded and outdoors. You're paying more for less, just like the rest of the WDW Resort.
Campsites are super pricey there -- always have been, but OMG I can relate to the poster that stays there now with a bunch of others. There is just something special about Fort Wilderness. I have such fond memories of staying there (big group - packed into our Motorhome and sometimes two motorhomes with extended family. // These days in Orlando I stay in an offsite condo, but staying at Fort Wilderness was just so cool.

I really thought I was going to say goodbye too, but lol now we're going to be in Paris before going to Belfast next Sept. (2023), and I just added three nights on to do three nights / two days at the end of Paris before Belfast for Disneyland Paris (gonna stay in a Disney Hotel for the early entry -- if price is similar to individual booking of things may do package too which gets you into the park for four days for a three night stay -- fun to go in night before). We for distance and budget reasons usually stick to North America, so for us it's rare to go to Europe and a trip that is much more expensive than our normal vacation budget (no dollar savings here -- the opposite).

Being in Paris, being so close to Disney, and DS and I, being big Disney park fans, it was pretty easy to talk myself into the extra time. It's also always been super fun for me to do something that is so similar to what I have done before, but yet so different at the same time (e.g. We get a kick out of McDonalds in different countries for example (Halifax, Moscow (won't be going back there in my lifetime I'd say though now), and Paris (for me 47 years ago). So much for my saying no to Disney next year.
I would highly recommend Newport Bay Club at DLP. :shamrock::goodvibes:thumbsup2

We went every year 2010-2021, including Feb 2020 before the pandemic shut everything down. Some years we even went multiple times in a year. And we owned two DVC properties (wilderness lodge and bay lake) But we didn't go to WDW in 2022 and we probably won't be going back. It's too expensive and too crowded. I know I know, it's always been expensive and crowded. So either it's become more expensive or more crowded or my family has become less tolerant of the cost and the crowds. But the end result is the same: the value just isn't close to what it was 10 years ago.

We're going to Universal soon, and I am looking forward to waking up when I want and having unlimited fast passes. I imagine the rigamarole Disney puts you through will seem even less reasonable once we've experienced Universal.
This is so true. We tried Universal, staying offsite, back in 05 and felt like it was missing “the magic” of Disney.
We had always loved going home with that warm feeling of Disney fireworks at MK on our last night.
So on our next trip, I decided to do Universal first, stay onsite there which only offered the 3 premier hotels at the time, then switch to WDW.
What a mistake. After a few days of experiencing unlimited Express Line access, we were instantly spoiled. Going back to the awful lines at WDW was torture. The economy tanked in 07 and they offered APs at Buy one year, get 2nd year free. (Pre Harry Potter days.)

This started the first of many years of going to Uni several times per year. We seriously wouldnt go without having the room key to bypass lines. The only way to get this experience at WDW is a VIP tour which is just insanely expensive, highway robbery imho.

I know my situation is different being DVC and AP as my bigger costs are sunk up front. But I have visited 5x since last August and I have changed my approach. I too use to be rope drop crazy and I don't like the electronic requirements of being glued to your phone. I now just hang out at the pool all day or DIsney Springs or off site activities and save the parks for night. Less crowded and on the deluxe hours times much more less crowded. No I don't ride as much but I am doing things different now that I never had time before b/c I was at the parks are freaking day. I know this approach isn't for everyone but for someone like me who has been going steadily for 20 plus years and rope dropping like crazy, it is a newer different approach that honestly I am loving just as much.

I know my situation is different being DVC and AP as my bigger costs are sunk up front. But I have visited 5x since last August and I have changed my approach. I too use to be rope drop crazy and I don't like the electronic requirements of being glued to your phone. I now just hang out at the pool all day or DIsney Springs or off site activities and save the parks for night. Less crowded and on the deluxe hours times much more less crowded. No I don't ride as much but I am doing things different now that I never had time before b/c I was at the parks are freaking day. I know this approach isn't for everyone but for someone like me who has been going steadily for 20 plus years and rope dropping like crazy, it is a newer different approach that honestly I am loving just as much.
We are DVC And have AP also. We also don‘t do rope drop.

I don’t like the restrictions for AP on park reservations, but we deal with it. I don’t like the parkhopping rules, I think resort guests should get an hour for early entry, I would love the dining Plan to return-we bought it every time but now I just put that money on a Disney GC, I would like BOG to go back to QS breakfast and lunch-that’s not happening though…..

There many changes that we have adapted to and we still enjoy our trips either just us or trips with the grands.

Even though we vacation other places, cruise, and visit UO, WDW is still enjoyable To us. Dare I say even Magical? Sometimes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter