Time To Allow From Poly to Airport

barbeau

Earning My Ears
After our cruise, we are a planning a day of activites until our flight home from MCO at 9:55 pm!
I know, we'll be exhausted (but happy!)

My question is---if we are at the Poly (eating at O'Hana's), how much time should we allow to drive
to the airport, drop off the Avis car, and check in? I believe O'Hana's opens at 5:00; I'm assuming
if we eat around 5:30, we should have plenty of time.

Thanks for any advice.

I would say to allow 2 1/2 to 3 hours. I was majorly stressed on 4/30, when we returned!! I thought I was going to have a heart attack. We intended to leave the hotel (Contemporary) at 9:00 a.m. Our flight was at 10:55. Well, needless to say, we didn't leave the hotel until 9:25 and it took at least 30 minutes to get back to the airport. By the time we went to the wrong entrance for rental car return, RAN into the terminal, checked in, caught the tram, passed through security (10 minutes here - could have been worse), and RAN to our gate, we walked up just as they were making the last call for boarding. AND, we did all this with three backpacks, two bags to check, two strollers, two kids and a carseat. AAAGGGHHHHH!!! We were nuts!

I did not plan for traffic problems, excess time in the security line, problems with rental car return. We were very lucky we had to delays - other than our own poor planning. Good luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter