Time share at Westgate??

TriciaT

DVC Member/VWL 2001
My uncle just called me from WDW. He purchased timeshare at Westgate and wanted to ask about their program. I only know DVC. Does anyone know anything about Westgate? I will try to look it up on TUG but I was hoping some of you might know about other timeshares.

He has one day to back out if it is not a great program. Of course I asked him why he didn't just buy DVC....??

:confused:

Thanks!

If he bought from Westgate and still has time to recind, tell him to do so. He can buy resale at less than half of their price.

Definitely tell your uncle to rescind. Then tell him to log on to the the timeshare resale store & check out the prices westgate is going for there... He probably could buy 2 units for the price he paid.

I do own westgate, I like it & plan to use it for Universal/Sea World vacation and trading but I sure wouldn't buy it now.

Aside from buying DVC other options are buying somewhere else & trading into Orlando.

I just spoke with him again. He bought 1 week in March in a 2 bedroom for almost $15000. He did say if he only wanted a 1 bedroom he could get two weeks that year, but I don't think it sounds very flexible. Definitely not like our point system. He is going to call me again later. I did read at the Timeshare Store that the resale prices were around $6000. I will tell him that later.

BTW, it does look like a beautiful resort though. I checked out their website.

Thanks for your help.

Westgate is a standard Interval International weekly timeshare. Some of them come with lock offs so you can get 2, 3 or 4 weeks with a single purchase.

The resort is quite nice, I enjoy it when I go there...big rooms, lots of pools, free breakfast & a wonderful discount at Westgate Lakes on the restaurant and spa as well as various other events but please try to get your uncle to drop the purchase...just like Disney there is no difference if you buy it from a developer versus buying from an individual... And as you can see there are a ton of resales out there. I promise he will be throwing away at least $6,000 on this purchase.

He would definitely be better off going to a reputable broker and buying Westgate there...of course there are 2 or 3 in Orlando so I'm not sure which one he is looking at...

For myself I have never ever stayed in the unit I purchased...for one reason or another we have always wound up moving to another location.

Rescind! Rescind! Rescind! Get out the contract and follow the directions precisely. Then, run, do not walk, to the TUG board . You can purchase Westgate weeks for around $3000 resale! In addition, you can trade into Westgate and several other resorts in Orlando of equal quality with weeks that cost as little as $400.

Rescind! Rescind! Rescind!

Remember, friends don't let friends buy from the developer (DVC is one of the ONLY exceptions!).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter