Time needed for Check-In at kids clubs

gfolchick

DIS Veteran
Since we are on early seating for dinner, I was hoping to get the kids their food first and then bring them up to the clubs for the start of the night activities, usually 7pm. What time should one of us leave the restaurant with the kids? I heard the lines can take a while, how much time should we allow?

We did that on a few nights. First it depends on the kids ages. The Club which is 3-4 and 5-7 takes longer to check in than the Lab which is 8-9 and 10-12.

If you are checking them into the Club, I found if I let them leave dinner early and go check in, it went fairly quick, I was usually back at the table within 5-10 minutes. If I waited to check them in when everyone else was doing it after the first seating, around 7:30, the line was long, and usually took 15 minutes or more.

I agree with kajohn. On our cruise in March our DD who is 7 wanted to go to many of the activities that usually started around 6:45 or 7. We usually let our servers know that she would be leaving early and they would make sure that she got her dinner quickly, usually while we were eating our first course, then when she got done one of us would run her up to the club. When we did this the line for check-in was usually not long at all. Like kajohn said, if you wait until dinner is finished then they tended to be longer.
LeiLani

That's what I was hoping to read. I figured my hubby and I could enjoy the rest our meal without rushing to get them up to the clubs if their food came first and one of us left around 7pm to check them in. Thanks for the speedy replies.

No problem. We did this just about every night (except the nights we went to Palo) and it sure was nice to enjoy the rest of dinner and dessert in peace and quite. Have a great time on your cruise.:smooth:
LeiLani

You could also get something from room service while you are getting ready for dinner then drop them off before you go to your assigned restaurant then you can relax and enjoy your meal and your kids have already eaten. Have fun.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter