Time Limit on Extreme Picky Eating? Does It Ever Go Away?

We don't live in an area that needs rainboots...never again. They are the perfect fit; unfortunately. When they get too tight, they're gone:)

Definitely will try any and all advice on the foot odor. My god, his dad tries all the products, and his kids' feet also stink to high heaven!

It's not a realistic remedy for kids, but for adults, botox treatment can pretty effectively eliminate serious foot odor issues. It paralyzes the sweat glands in the feet so that they don't function. (Your body just switches to sweating in other areas, rather than ones encased in shoes where sweat can't evaporate.)

I was a picky eater as a child, I don't like onions or peppers, so if anything even had a CHANCE of having onions or peppers in it..no way was I eating it. So, spaghetti sauce was out, any casseroles were out, unless I knew the person who made it did not put onions in it. I basically ate meat and potatoes. And bread. Some veggies, like corn, green beans and peas. Lettuce, tomatoes and cucumbers were all I would have in a salad.

I was like that until my mid-20's. With the pressure of my adult friends to try new things, I actually discovered that some foods actually taste good, even if they look scary. LOL. I still don't eat onions or peppers and I am now 50 years old.

I think a lot of picky eaters are encouraged to keep that habit due to parents simply being too accommodating. Friends of ours have kids now teenagers, still will not eat out anywhere unless chicken strips or fries are on the menu. IMO if nuggets and fries are the only food a kid really eats it had more to do with parenting and giving in.

It's not a realistic remedy for kids, but for adults, botox treatment can pretty effectively eliminate serious foot odor issues. It paralyzes the sweat glands in the feet so that they don't function. (Your body just switches to sweating in other areas, rather than ones encased in shoes where sweat can't evaporate.)

I'm suggesting this to my DH. Seriously, the man has to wash his feet before he comes to bed...they are that stinky.

I honestly have no idea. I assume it's a texture thing? I drink a big glass of (pulp free) orange juice every morning but I would sooner die of starvation than eat even the smallest piece of an actual orange. My mom tells me she has pics of me as a toddler eating fruit...I say she's a liar liar pants on fire. I even hate walking through the produce section of the grocery store. The smell makes me want to gag. I won't even hold a piece of fruit without being totally squicked out. This goes for ALL fruit. ALL of it. It's all horrifying to me.
Thanks. This is my son exactly.

My nephew is 17 and still has major food issues. He has other sensitivities too (like to certain clothing) so I don't think it's JUST because he's been allowed to be picky, but it is curious that pretty much anything healthy is on his "nope" list, but pizza, bacon, fries, and mac/cheese are fine. He has expanded his palate in recent years. He'll now eat fried eggs, chicken strips, hamburgers from certain places, will allow pepperoni on his pizza, etc. But he's still won't eat ANY fruits and vegetables.

(His mother swears that their pediatrician says "as long as he's getting a good multi-vitamin, it's fine." And his parents allow him to be a pig with the things he will eat. For instance, at family dinners, he'll grab 6 slices of pizza right away, but no salad. Which leaves several other people with just one piece each and they say "Well, he won't eat the salad, so he needs more pizza." Nobody needs 6 slices of pizza for one meal. That's just rude.)

I do understand aversions to certain foods. I have a hard time with certain "sticky" foods (mashed potatoes, oat meal/cream of wheat, peanut butter, pudding.) I can usually choke them down if they're the right temperature (mashed potatoes must be HOT. Pudding must be cold.) but when they get closer to room temperature, the gag reflex kicks in. My son recently observed "I think mom is probably pickier than any of us, but she's the one who decides what to cook. She just doesn't make what she doesn't like!" He might be onto something there (my kids have never eaten tuna-noodle casserole. Yuck!)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter