Time from ROFR to closing?

cinderella97

DIS Veteran
DVC passed on our ROFR on 1/14/21, we still have not heard from the title company for closing. I emailed the broker and he informed me on 2/2/21 that
Mason Title is currently waiting on Disney to provide Estoppel. Disney waived on 24 files on 1/14/21 and have provided Estoppel for about half of those files. It's will be a month on Thursday.
Is this normal?

In normal times, this would be very abnormal. I think two weeks or less from ROFR to closing would be the norm. We’ve usually closed within one week. But we must remember that these are still not normal times and nothing is happening quickly.

I had hoped with ROFR picking up so much speed (ours only took 9 days!), that the estoppel would follow along quickly. Ugh. It’s hard to wait.

Our title company is in the same boat... waiting on many estoppel letters from Disney... we’ve never waited so long. It’s been ~3 weeks so far.
Good luck to you (& us all!)!!pixiedust:

DVC passed on our ROFR on 1/14/21, we still have not heard from the title company for closing. I emailed the broker and he informed me on 2/2/21 that
Mason Title is currently waiting on Disney to provide Estoppel. Disney waived on 24 files on 1/14/21 and have provided Estoppel for about half of those files. It's will be a month on Thursday.
Is this normal?
I'm in the same boat as you. It definitely seems long, but during COVID life, I guess anything goes

I'm also one of those from 1/14. We decided to use the 2020 points instead of banking them, so I'm anxious to get everything setup so we can book our trip.

This has me a little worried now. We just passed ROFR on 1/20 but the contract has 50 points that has to be used by 6/1 as they were banked from 2019.

We passed on 1/12. I haven’t heard anything about estoppel so I contacted my title company. She said sorry, they were so busy they never notified me that they heard last week. They are currently trying to get the closing documents done.
We have an Oct. use year and really hope everything goes smoothly so that we have the points in time to bank the 2020 pts by March 31.

We passed on 1/12. I haven’t heard anything about estoppel so I contacted my title company. She said sorry, they were so busy they never notified me that they heard last week. They are currently trying to get the closing documents done.
We have an Oct. use year and really hope everything goes smoothly so that we have the points in time to bank the 2020 pts by March 31.
Congratulations! 🎉 Our title company is waiting on over 30 contracts’ estoppel letters... and that was as of last week. Things are getting very backed up!

You may have already realized this, but with an Oct UY, you have until May 31 (not March) to bank. 😉 I have an August UY & am definitely starting to sweat that 3/31 deadline 😬😰

We are also using Mason. Passed ROFR on 1/13/20 and still haven't received the closing docs either. I emailed earlier this week and they are still waiting on estoppel from Disney.

We have 120 points that need to be used by 5/31, so we are getting anxious as well.

Last edited:
Congratulations! 🎉 Our title company is waiting on over 30 contracts’ estoppel letters... and that was as of last week. Things are getting very backed up!

You may have already realized this, but with an Oct UY, you have until May 31 (not March) to bank. 😉 I have an August UY & am definitely starting to sweat that 3/31 deadline 😬😰

LOL. That’s for the May reminder. My months are starting to blur together.

I am still waiting on ROFR with an August use year. Really sweating the March 31st deadline.

My deed showed up on OC site 2 weeks ago today - still nothing from Member Admin and no reply to3 emails sent - should I be concerned ????

My deed showed up on OC site 2 weeks ago today - still nothing from Member Admin and no reply to3 emails sent - should I be concerned ????
I wouldn't be concerned. From my understanding, things on the DVC side of things are taking a really long time right now because they are working short staffed. It is taking them a really long time to get things done. You can try calling them...I know (pre COVID) many people commented that the points would get loaded almost immediately when they called member services. When we bought resale we called MS and the points were loaded the next day.

We closed last February and the entire process went at warp speed...under 6 weeks from when we submitted the offer to when the points were loaded into our account. I feel so bad for everyone who is in the process now...sitting on pins and needles is the WORST!! Good luck to everyone!

Thanks, I have tried MS they wanted to transfer me to Admin, I had to tell person Admin has not taken calls in months. This is an add on for us, but part of the estate of a friend who passed. I'm sure the process is not like standard resale - our additional direct add ons we so smooth, but kind of figured once the deed was in OC it would finally move along.

I am still waiting on ROFR with an August use year. Really sweating the March 31st deadline.
My broker told me if it is gets close you can ask the seller to bank the points. We are in the same boat with a September use year on our 2020 points and 2019 points set to expire this year.

My broker told me if it is gets close you can ask the seller to bank the points. We are in the same boat with a September use year on our 2020 points and 2019 points set to expire this year.
Yes, they already banked our 2020 points but there were 2019 banked points on it that cannot be moved for us and have to be used by July 31st.

Yes, they already banked our 2020 points but there were 2019 banked points on it that cannot be moved for us and have to be used by July 31st.
That’s good...at least they banked the 2020 points. No need to sweat the March 31st timeline now. If you won’t be able to use the 2019 points this year you can always rent them after you close.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter