Time from off the plane to WDW using ME

txmomto1

Mouseketeer
Can you give me an estimate on how long it will take to get from the airport and checked into the hotel using ME? We arrive at 11:15 AM and are going to POP Century.

The average from deplaning to arriving at the resort is 70 minutes.

Can you give me an estimate on how long it will take to get from the airport and checked into the hotel using ME? We arrive at 11:15 AM and are going to POP Century.
On one trip (to OKW), it took us just 55 minutes to get from the arrival gate to the OKW check-in desk woth DME, and just 5 minutes to check in. That's a total of 1 hour.

On another trip (to SSR), it took us 90 minutes to get from the arrival gate to the SSR check-in desk with DME, and 30 minutes to check in. That's a total of 2 hours.

You can't count on the often-repeated average of 70 minutes. Also, that number doesn't include the time it takes to check in at your resort.

Remember too that flights are delayed way too often (although this seems to be less of an issue at Orlando International than at some other airports).

In other words, don't schedule a dining reservation or other activity based on the expectation that everything will go perfectly. Plan for a delayed flight arrival; plan on just missing a DME motorcoach to your resort and having to wait for the next one; plan on being the 3rd stop on your DME ride; plan on a long line at your resort's check in desk. Then, if things go better than that, you'll be pleasantly surprised.

Trip 1: 63 minutes from walking off plane to walking off bus at CBR.

Trip 2: 56 minutes from walking off plane to walking off bus at POFQ.

Of course, actually checking in takes longer than this, but of course, checking in takes time no matter how you arrive at the resort.

The LEAST amount of time I've ever taken to check in at a WDW resort is 10 minutes. I've also waited in line for 30 minutes. But like I said, a quick check in or a long wait for check in has no bearing on the mode of transportation.

So if I were you, I'd figure I'm at Pop by not later than 12:45 p.m. Maybe check-in will take 20 minutes, then maybe another 10 minutes to walk to my room, so then it's 1:15 p.m. That's with an on-time flight, a 90 minute arrival-gate-to-resort experience with DME, and a moderate wait at Pop's front desk for check-in.

Since checkin at the various resorts can vary by so much I wouldn't dare to guess how much time from deplaning to being in your room. POP can be a long wait at checkin also.
So...having said that, I'll give you my times from deplaning to the checkin line.....
From plane to BCV checkin line....65 mins (2nd stop)
from plane to BWV checkin line....60 mins (3rd stop)
from plane to POP checkin line....55 mins (1st stop), 90 mins.(3rd stop, with much luggage removal at previous two stops).

Average time of about 67 mins...I would imagine that 70 mins is a pretty safe assumption. At least that's what most people are getting. Your time will also be impacted by the time of day and the number of people at the airport. Also, how long it takes you to get to DME from the plane. We move pretty rapidly, but always stop at the restrooms after deplaning. Then straight to the checkin area of DME. I have waited in line for 2 mins as well as 10 mins, but never longer than that, and there have been times when the line seemed to be very long, but there were more CMs working. Same thing for the buses. The one time I waited more than 5 mins for a bus was the time the bus I needed was just pulling away, so had to wait for another one.

To be on the safe side, plan on it taking about 90 mins. Then you'll be pleasantly surprised when it takes much less!

On our trip during the 1st week of May, we were closer to 90 min. Off the plane at 10:30am and checked in to Pop around 11:50am. We waited 20 minutes at the ME desk and another 20 in the bus line. Saturday morning seemed pretty busy. The line at Pop was quick.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter