Tikes Peak vs. Ketchakiddee Creek

Lainy67

Mouseketeer
Someone from the Attractions Board suggested I try this question over here.

Can I get a comparison between these two. What are the slides like? What about the "squirting" water?? Is one area louder than the other (due to the water)? Do the age ranges of the kids at either one run a little older (in other words are the height requirements different such that one has some older kids that play in it more)? Thanx.

I don't know about Ketchakiddie Creek, but I can tell you a little about Tike's Peak. It's a great kid's area. It's particularly nice because there is an older kid's area also (Ski Patrol Training Camp), so the older kids (my DS is 6) don't even want to hang around Tike's Peak. So you have a truly "little kids'" area. The slides are so nice -- long, but not steep. And there are quite a few. The water area is intelligently developed for little ones -- a zero depth area with fountains -- some of which are big and some of which are small and gentle. It is a crowded area. My suspicion is that Ketchakiddie Creek (my DH calls it Ticklekiddie Creek ! Can't remember the name!) is just as crowded, though. At least at BB, the older (6 and up) kids don't compete for space.

We've only been to Typhoon Lagoon, but went with friends who had been to both and thought the toddler area was better at Blizzard Beach.

At Ketchakiddie Creek, there is a miniature lazy river ride (with a height requirement, bigger kids cannot ride), 2 small body slides and a play area in the center with fountains and squirting cannons, there's also a couple of waterfalls. It's not a real big area, but the older kids do tend to take over that center area and get a little crazy squirting everyone and it does get quite noisy at times.

I've also heard that the family raft ride at Blizzard Beach is bigger and longer than the one at Typhoon Lagoon. I love Typhoon Lagoon with all of its great theming and it's fantastic wave pool, but it sounds like you might want to plan on Blizzard Beach to better accommodate the little ones.

Have fun!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter