• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Tiffiney Town Car and Car Seats?

Pammy_from_WI

<font color=teal>Remember what Ohana means, Pammy?
This is the first time we're going to skip renting a car and use Tiffiney or the like for getting to and from the airport and the ASMo. But we're wondering if we need to bring her car seat with us? Can they provide them? Or will we need to take ours with us?

Thanks in advance,

Pammy

IIRC they have a low back booster in the trunk of every car but I have never needed a "traditional carseat". I would call the 800 number and be sure they can provide one - you may have to reserve it. My youngest was 4 the first time we used TTC so a booster was fine.

TJ

She'll be three at the time of the trip. Here she has to be a certain height and weight to use the booster, which she's almost at. But I don't know about the laws in FL., so I don't know if she'll be required to be in a traditional seat.

Pammy

Florida law states only that a child over the age of three must use a seatbelt. That said I agree with the AAOP recommendation of 5 years and or 50lbs. So... don't worry about meeting the law but more about what your comfortable with. The booster seat we had was a low back with the lap bar - probably fine for a bigger 3yo but maybe not ideal. Perhaps if you call ahead to some of the more popular town car services you can find one that will provide a car seat. I have always used TTC, but have read great recommendations on Youride and Happylimo. I think they have a transportation board right here on the dis that my give you more info.

I would of course call the towncar company and have them guarantee the seat if necessary. Have a fun and safe trip.

TJ

edited for typos

We used Fl Tour in Sept for our visit. We had 7 in our party--so we had a van not a towncar. Fl Tours provided us with carseats for our 2 yr old and our 5 month old. Im sure Tiffany has some as well but I would call ahead, they will need to put it in before they pick you up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter