Tidbits from recent DLR/GCH visit

There isn't an overall drop in quality. I'm there every week, and we usually eat both lunch and dinner at the parks, so we "get around."

There are some places that are better than others, as it has always been. Schmoozies has never had good smoothies. They have ALWAYS had that icy/McDonalds smoothie from a mix taste. Their milkshakes are good, though. If you want a good smoothie at DLR, go to Jamba.
I just want to piggyback and say we've eaten at Craftsman grill a bunch this past year and have never had a bad experience.

The rides and nighttime entertainment are not as good as Disneyland but I like the animal shows and the ability to just slow down and see the animals. Don't expect the staff to be as experienced as cast members at Disneyland and know that rides are secondary to animals. I don't want to give you a wrong impression because if we ignore price, I'd say Disneyland is the better park.

But when we include price in the equation, a Platinum Pass to SeaWorld which also allows me to visit other SeaWorld owned parks such as the ones in Orlando costs less than half an Enchant Key and has more perks. As someone who has to travel to all of these parks, San Diego and Orlando have other additional things I'd want to do on vacation while Anaheim does not. Your situation is different from mine.

Check the SeaWorld website for sales because tickets are often like $60 if you prepurchase online and be aware that two rides in the park have an extra $6 fee unless you have an annual pass.
We get into Sea World free once a year (military). We have been many years ago when my kids were too small for the thrill rides.

My kids don't care about the animals, it's literally all about the rides for them.

We'd be fine spending like 3-4 hours there and then leaving.

I wouldn't pay to go to Sea World.

But what rides cost $6 extra? Never heard of that at such a large theme park.

We get into Sea World free once a year (military). We have been many years ago when my kids were too small for the thrill rides.

My kids don't care about the animals, it's literally all about the rides for them.

We'd be fine spending like 3-4 hours there and then leaving.

I wouldn't pay to go to Sea World.

But what rides cost $6 extra? Never heard of that at such a large theme park.

The Bayside Skyride and Sky Tower cost extra (the scenic view rides). Upcharges for rides at zoos are quite common and SeaWorld is sort of a zoo/aquarium. They also don't let you bring bags onto the roller coasters unlike Disney so you may have to pay a few dollars for a locker if you can't hide everything in your pockets.

Another thing for me (not having been since Covid) was that Cafe Orleans no longer sells beignets! I was so sad to hear this when we went two weeks ago.

ETA: We booked two meals here because we thought the menu was the same as before, we were so sad. But the Chicken was great and while the steak was SO MUCH smaller then it used to be, it was good as well.

The Bayside Skyride and Sky Tower cost extra (the scenic view rides). Upcharges for rides at zoos are quite common and SeaWorld is sort of a zoo/aquarium. They also don't let you bring bags onto the roller coasters unlike Disney so you may have to pay a few dollars for a locker if you can't hide everything in your pockets.

Whew! We don't need to ride those rides. Good to know about the bag situation on coasters.

Another thing for me (not having been since Covid) was that Cafe Orleans no longer sells beignets! I was so sad to hear this when we went two weeks ago.

ETA: We booked two meals here because we thought the menu was the same as before, we were so sad. But the Chicken was great and while the steak was SO MUCH smaller then it used to be, it was good as well.
I agree that the menu at Cafe Orleans hasn’t recovered. I miss the Chicken Maison, the flavorful salads, the kids’ steaks, and the beignets. HOWEVER, you can mobile order beignets from Mint Julep during your meal, pick them up, and bring them back to your table at Cafe Orleans. We’ve done this a few times, with the cast members’ permission.

I wish our server told us this. She just was not great. When I asked about the beignets, just said "yeah, that was YEARS ago, like 2019 or something, we dont serve those anymore". Um ok, but not THAT long ago, since Covid, kwim? Put me off quite a bit, her nasty attitude about it. Anyway, I will know to do this next time, we did mobile order the beignets and picked them up at the side window :) THanks!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter