• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Tickets

Chelsea B

Earning My Ears
I apologize if this question has come up, but I can't seem to find it if it has! What are the benefits to booking our package or tickets directly through Disney? I've definitely seen cheaper prices (getaway today, arez) so I'm unclear if there is a reason NOT to go with the cheaper option?

Thanks!!

Go with the cheaper option. We book direct with hotel (can use some points). Direct with airline (can use some miles, some bogo tickets, etc.). And for tickets I haven't decided. I think it will be the same price booking through Disney because I can use my target Disney gift cards for 5% off.

If you book a package and pay with a Disney Visa you get 6 months no interest. Beyond that I dont think there's much benefit to going with a package from Disney directly.

I usually book with Costco just because it is the same price as Disney and almost the same as other sites sometimes more depending on the hotel we stay at. And Costco throws in either a GC or premium dining and I have gotten a backpack twice for paying with my chase Disney premier.

I like receiving my Disney package with all the extra goodies. and more of an ease of mind to know that if there is an issue with hotel or tickets I just have to call one place. And if price for some reason goes down I will call and they will adjust whenever possible.

I recently comped out booking an onsite room and 'gate price' tickets separately vs a package and for two of us it was actually $65.00 MORE to book the package thru Disney than if we had booked the hotel and tickets separately thru Disney. It's even more of a savings if you get your tix through LMT. That additional $65.00 gets you pins, lanyards, a ride pic, and a coupon book. In our case it also got us a backpack.

I think it's just the convenience of doing it all with one call or one 'click' that keeps people booking through Disney. I also think you get better customer service if you book through Disney and have special requests or need something extra.

I appreciate all the advice! The cheapest deal wins then...LMT comes up a lot, seems like a good option!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter