Tickets from Undercover Tourist

bcinohio

DIS Veteran
I was looking at getting tickets from Undercover Tourist. Last time we went to Disneyland I got them from the Disney site but looking on the UT site it looks like they would be $120 cheaper. I want to get 4 day/1 park per day with Maxpass. Do you go right to the gates and show them your code on your phone or do I need to do somthing else? It says that the purchase will already have the MP but is there anything else that I would need to do after we enter the gate before we choose our first MP?

Thanks

As an FYI also check out https://www.lastminutetravel.com/ They usually have the best prices. You can google to get a free membership. Their tickets do not include MaxPass but you can add it everyday right after you scan in and enter the park.

When I got my tickets last year through LMT I scanned the codes from the email into the DL app and assigned them to each person before we got to the park When entering the park I scanned the codes on my phone at the turnstile and they took our pics and then gave us hard tickets. I would think UT work the same way. As I mentioned before because mine did not have MP already on them I had to buy MP on the app everyday but it takes no time at all.

I was looking at getting tickets from Undercover Tourist. Last time we went to Disneyland I got them from the Disney site but looking on the UT site it looks like they would be $120 cheaper. I want to get 4 day/1 park per day with Maxpass. Do you go right to the gates and show them your code on your phone or do I need to do somthing else? It says that the purchase will already have the MP but is there anything else that I would need to do after we enter the gate before we choose our first MP?

Thanks
Bought the same tix (4 day/1 park with MaxPass) from UT last night thru the mousesavers email link. Within 10 minutes had the e-ticket emailed to me. Wow:thumbsup2

I’ve blocked out the personal info & ticket number
BADEF81D-9094-4D7E-8850-B68298032ADD.jpeg
B767874F-B607-4E8E-A401-72E83C5205B2.jpeg

I compared the Mousesaver's UT price and LMT for 3 day park hopper, no maxpass, and LMT was only $2 or $3 cheaper/person. I wanted maxpass in advance, so the extra few dollars was worth it to me to not have to buy it and scan every morning.

Usually, with tickets purchased from an authorized discount vendor, if the ticket has a barcode, you can take it directly to the turnstiles. If the ticket does not have a barcode, you must take it to the ticket booths to exchange for a ticket. Always check the instructions and fine print that come with the tickets/email for further information, just in case there are exceptions.

UT ones I just bought do have barcode.

I do hope I can exchange for a hard copy when there to use for PP vs app on phone

We bought tickets from UT just recently. 2-day park hoppers with maxpasses. I printed them out and scanned them into my disneyland app and linked up perfectly. I took the paper copies just in case but the CM was able to scan my phone. It worked great! We then got paper tickets to use to gain entry and to get paper fastpasses, but we only used our phones once we were in the parks to make fastpasses!

I highly recommend using UT!

UT ones I just bought do have barcode.

I do hope I can exchange for a hard copy when there to use for PP vs app on phone

Yes, you will be handed a hard copy ticket at the gate when you walk in. No need to hit the ticket booth.

We loaded ours in the app to scan and have ready for FP before we arrived. But I did bring the printout with me just in case we had an issue. But we did not need it.

Be sure to consider Last Minute Travel Club as well!

LMT tickets seem to have a barcode too, from people I know who have used them, so you can skip the ticket booth. However, they do not have an option to pre-purchase Maxpass. You can still buy it every day of your trip though.

I just bought my 4 day tickets from LMTC for our trip in September! Super pumped. I’ll probably go right to the ticket both to upgrade to flex AP and buy the maxpass before even going into the park on the first day.

I just bought my 4 day tickets from LMTC for our trip in September! Super pumped. I’ll probably go right to the ticket both to upgrade to flex AP and buy the maxpass before even going into the park on the first day.
We've been debating on doing that, or whether to wait until the last day so we don't have to worry about reserving. It's so easy to add on Maxpass each day. In November, we didn't end up adding it on some days because it was light enough crowds. I always did for me, though, to get the pictures.

And once you get your tickets at the turnstile, take a moment inside the park to take a photo of each ticket with a clear image of the barcode on the back. If your tickets get lost/stolen, these photos will help you get new tickets re-issued quickly and easily at Guest Services. Such a simple safety measure that can come in very handy!

We've been debating on doing that, or whether to wait until the last day so we don't have to worry about reserving. It's so easy to add on Maxpass each day. In November, we didn't end up adding it on some days because it was light enough crowds. I always did for me, though, to get the pictures.
We are getting the flex AP so need to upgrade on the first day so we can have maxpass every day in the park instead of paying each day then paying for the yearly maxpass subscription.

We are getting the flex AP so need to upgrade on the first day so we can have maxpass every day in the park instead of paying each day then paying for the yearly maxpass subscription.

How many days are you planning on going? I’m debating when to upgrade our tix but don’t want to be blocked out if can’t reserve dates. We want 5-6 days in parks

JIK DH decides he wants to visit DL again too in the next year...

Would my tix bought thru UT be upgradeable as long as I go to GS before i leave

Would they ‘bridge’ the ticket price towards the AP, including the maxpass?

JIK DH decides he wants to visit DL again too in the next year...

Would my tix bought thru UT be upgradeable as long as I go to GS before i leave

Would they ‘bridge’ the ticket price towards the AP, including the maxpass?
Technically, DLR doesn't "bridge" tickets. But if you visit the ticket booths before closing on your last day, you should receive whatever value is coded into your tickets. That could be the full price or the discount price. So be prepared to pay the full difference, just in case. If MP was included, prepaid, in the price of the tickets, then you should receive credit for that. Ask at the ticket booths when/if you decide to upgrade.

I compared the Mousesaver's UT price and LMT for 3 day park hopper, no maxpass, and LMT was only $2 or $3 cheaper/person. I wanted maxpass in advance, so the extra few dollars was worth it to me to not have to buy it and scan every morning.

Weird. If you go to 4 days, LMT is about $15 cheaper than UT per ticket. I think I might have bought from UT for the Maxpass if they were closer.

We always buy our tickets from Disney because I have been scared to buy them elsewhere. We plan to get 3 day PH with MP, then upgrade to Flex Pass with MP on the last evening. I don’t want to get FP from the get-go because the 3 days are all “reservation only” and during the Halloween time, so I don’t want to risk it. If I buy the tickets from UT with MP already included, I think I should be able to scan the bar codes into the app, and use that at the ticket booth to get our hard tickets the first day. Then OP on the Flex Pass thread said that they were given the option to directly upgrade to FP with MP in the app once the tickets were scanned into the app. They were given gate value for the UT tickets (ie the actual price Disney would charge, $400 per adult in our case) when they upgraded. Anyone else that can confirm that this worked for them with UT tickets? Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter