Tickets from Undercover Tourist

MeridaAndAngus

If you had a chance to change your fate would you
Can someone offer insights on their experience buying WDW Park hoppers from Undercover Tourist online? It looks like their prices for a 4-day park hopper are cheaper than the Official Ticket Center (buying the 3-day hopper w/ 4th day free).

Mostly looking for the following info:

1. Are they reliable?
2. Did you actually get the ticket you ordered (no random restrictions that weren't apparent when you placed the order)?
3. Do they actually mail a physical "ticket" or can they just email me the ticket number to attach to my Magic Band?

We're going to WDW in about 3 weeks (last minute surprise trip), so time is of the essence in terms of actually receiving the tickets. Want to be sure I can actually get some Fastpasses booked so getting our tickets ASAP is my top priority. Might just pay full price from WDW directly if it means I can get the ticket numbers by email today.

They're reliable. You get what you order. You'll have to wait for physical tickets.

I'd buy direct if you need the numbers ASAP.

1. Are they reliable?
Yes

2. Did you actually get the ticket you ordered (no random restrictions that weren't apparent when you placed the order)?
Yes we got the tickets we ordered and there were no random restrictions.

3. Do they actually mail a physical "ticket" or can they just email me the ticket number to attach to my Magic Band?
We stay off property and do not use magic bands. They mailed us the physical tickets. From what I understand they are "RFID" enabled (in other words they offer the same scan functionality as a magic band. And we had no issues linking the tickets to our MDX account so that we could reserve our FPs.

We use them all the time. They are wonderful! Definitely a little cheaper than directly through disney. You can have them mailed to you (I think 10 business days is free of charge), pick up at Will Call, or now there is an option for a digital ticket that gets emailed to you. We have done all of them, and have been really happy with all of it.

UCT is great and I've ordered from them many times. Just ordered from them earlier this week for our August trip. If you need the numbers right away, I agree with aarcher86 that you should get them directly from Disney now.

We've used UT for our last several trips. Never any problems with them. Been able to link the UT tickets to our Magic Bands without any issues either.

We stay off property and do not use magic bands. They mailed us the physical tickets. From what I understand they are "RFID" enabled (in other words they offer the same scan functionality as a magic band. And we had no issues linking the tickets to our MDX account so that we could reserve our FPs.

The tickets are "real" WDW tickets, printed by Disney and sold to UT for resale.
All tickets issued at and by WDW are plastic RFID-enhanced tickets, ready for use at the park gates and for FP+.

How long do they usually take to arrive after you've ordered?

Not long. One time I got an email confirming shipment the same day I placed the order and had the tix 2 days later. Most other times I have them within 5 days. Only once did it take longer and we were told to expect that. UT sent an email to past customers informing them that a price increase was planned by Disney so we could order them. They also said that this would result in a delay so we were prepared. We and our adult kids have probably spent $10,000 with them over the years.

Bill From PA

If I'm not buying an AP, I use UT. I have always ad great service. The only time it took longer than a week to get my passes was when I ordered right after a price hike......a ton of others were doing the same thing I was, and UT got a bit behind!!

Have used them several times, always got them, Once had a back-order (just recent with the end of no expire)but still was less than 10 days before we received them. All other times had them in less than a week.

Used them for the first time for our upcoming trip. Quick and easy. Quickly received our tickets and loaded them into our MDE account and they are all set for our Magic Bands!

you can turn the UT plastic tickets into magic bands?
are they gray or can you pick colors?
if you can get magic bands mailed to you after the UT plastic tickets and get it all done before you arrive at WDW?

you can turn the UT plastic tickets into magic bands?
are they gray or can you pick colors?
if you can get magic bands mailed to you after the UT plastic tickets and get it all done before you arrive at WDW?

You don't "turn" the tickets into Magic Bands.

When you receive a ticket from UT, you enter the ticket info into your My Disney Experience account.

You then tell your MDE account which person in your MDE account should be affiliated with that ticket.

If you are staying at a Disney hotel, you go into your MDE account and personalize a magic band for each person who will be staying with you, meaning you choose a color and a name to be inscribed in the Magic Band. Then your MDE account knows which magic band goes to which person.

My understanding is that if you buy a Magic Band, you can go into your MDE account and enter the info from the Magic Band so your MDE account knows which person is affiliated with that Magic Band.

So the UT ticket is affiliated with a person in your MDE account, and a Magic Band is affiliated with a person in your MDE account, thus the UT ticket is affiliated with a Magic Band.

Ordered from UCT Sunday. Paid $6 for express delivery & they arrived Wednesday.
Have also ordered from them previously with good results.

now there is an option for a digital ticket that gets emailed to you.

Agreed.

From UCT:

Add this E-Ticket to your MagicBand and go straight to the gate and onto the rides. (MagicBand not included with this purchase.) If you do not have a MagicBand, you must exchange this E-Ticket at a will call location for a RF-enabled ticket before admission. You may link this E-Ticket to My Disney Experience for FastPass+ reservations before will call exchange.

An update from my original post. I emailed UT just before I posted this thread to ask about an e-ticket option. They responded that was available. I ordered the ticket I needed and got the ticket confirmation about an hour later. No trouble at all, no delay, and I've already added it to our MDE profile & set up our FP+ reservations. One caveat, when you order the e-ticket option, it says it can take up to 72 hours for the ticket number to be delivered. Obviously this wasn't the case for me, but just something to keep in mind. Overall, I'm very happy with my experience with UT.

We have used them several times for WDW and once for Universal without any issues. They link through MDX with the provided number without any issues. MBs are unrelated to tickets. They all link through MDX. If you receive the Mouse Savers newsletter, they have a link to get even better pricing on tickets. Often, the UT tickets through the newsletter link have an extra day for free.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter