Tickets Blocked For Entering Two Parks In a Short Timeframe

But a place can have both fingerprint scans and a turnstile. Before the era of rf technology and Magic Bands, WDW had turnstyles and fingerprint scans. It was very strange to us at first when WDW switched to tap stations with no turnstiles. Universal Orlando still has a turnstile/fingerprint set up.
Exactly, WDW used to have turnstiles and finger scans. Universal Studios Hollywood still does.

I enter DCA, then (somehow) manage to hand my pass off to someone else who enters Disneyland. So there are now two people who have gained entry to a park on one pass.

I would think there also is concern about the upcoming split park blockout this summer. That hasn't happened before, and with SWGE opening, I can imagine Disney wanting to make sure that they can catch guests who are trying to get around their AP blockout from DL by using someone else's pass.
I guess I have more of a criminal mind than I thought. When I first read this thread, I thought it was for these types of reasons, but it didn't make sense because I could just tell someone that I'll enter DCA at 10:00 and give them my pass at 10:30 and there won't be an issue, right? Or, am I still not getting it? I see the immediate enter block, but if you can easily enter 30 minutes later, I don't understand how this is helping anything.

P.S. I absolutely would never share my pass. Just thinking about how easy it would be to get around this "security" feature.

I guess I have more of a criminal mind than I thought. When I first read this thread, I thought it was for these types of reasons, but it didn't make sense because I could just tell someone that I'll enter DCA at 10:00 and give them my pass at 10:30 and there won't be an issue, right? Or, am I still not getting it? I see the immediate enter block, but if you can easily enter 30 minutes later, I don't understand how this is helping anything.

P.S. I absolutely would never share my pass. Just thinking about how easy it would be to get around this "security" feature.
Yeah, this one really doesn't make sense to me, just makes legitimate park hopping harder.

Seriously, they need to go with finger scans, they are faster and would prevent identical twins, triplets, etc. from sharing a pass, as even their fingerprints aren't identical (except in some exceedingly rare cases).

Wow, go away to Disneyworld for a week and I missed out on all of the fun. Yes, the finger scans there make this seem so silly! Thanks for the heads up on this as I am one who would go in one and then turn around and go to the other within a few minutes just to get a MaxPass.

Wow, go away to Disneyworld for a week and I missed out on all of the fun. Yes, the finger scans there make this seem so silly! Thanks for the heads up on this as I am one who would go in one and then turn around and go to the other within a few minutes just to get a MaxPass.
You can use MaxPass for either park in either park. So you would not need to enter the other park to use MaxPass for that park.

You can use MaxPass for either park in either park. So you would not need to enter the other park to use MaxPass for that park.
I think what they are doing is entering DCA when it has no line to enter and getting a MaxPass at Disneyland, then immediately leaving and going to Disneyland so that they have an earlier return time while waiting in what can sometimes be a 15 to 20 minute line to get into Disneyland.

I think what they are doing is entering DCA when it has no line to enter and getting a MaxPass at Disneyland, then immediately leaving and going to Disneyland so that they have an earlier return time while waiting in what can sometimes be a 15 to 20 minute line to get into Disneyland.

Yes, when the line to get into Disneyland is insanely long, I would scan in at California Adventure, use MaxPass, then maybe use the restroom, leave and then wait in line at Disneyland. This issue would definitely affect me. I have been doing this since MaxPass has been introduced. I appreciate eveyone’s updates as this does affect me and I will no longer do this as I would be mortified if I were stopped and blocked.

Wow, that is a great idea! Thanks!

:wizard:

Yes, when the line to get into Disneyland is insanely long, I would scan in at California Adventure, use MaxPass, then maybe use the restroom, leave and then wait in line at Disneyland. This issue would definitely affect me. I have been doing this since MaxPass has been introduced. I appreciate eveyone’s updates as this does affect me and I will no longer do this as I would be mortified if I were stopped and blocked.
Just sayin', but it does not sound like a big deal. Usually a 1-2 minute delay. And you have not done anything wrong. For me I would do it and just tell them. Maybe take a selfie at DCA, LOL, once you are inside.

Just sayin', but it does not sound like a big deal. Usually a 1-2 minute delay. And you have not done anything wrong. For me I would do it and just tell them. Maybe take a selfie at DCA, LOL, once you are inside.

Good idea! I'd probably head for FF&P to get a Starbucks, then head for the DL gates. That should take the requisite time so that the alert wouldn't go off. And I'd have something nice to drink while cruising down Main Street.

I wouldn’t worry too much. What you describe sounds like at least 10 minutes of time between scans. I’m sure you’ll be fine.

I wouldn’t worry too much. What you describe sounds like at least 10 minutes of time between scans. I’m sure you’ll be fine.
But apparently some are reporting this happening with even 30+ minutes between scans.

I’m not sure I understand the reasoning behind this new policy. If I were a twin or doppelgänger of somebody with a ticket who wants to cheat, what would keep me from simply waiting those 30 minutes? Maybe I’m misunderstanding what they’re trying to do, but it sounds to me as if this mostly inconveniences honest visitors without taking care of the problem it was supposed to combat. Wiser minds, enlighten me! What am I missing?

I’m not sure I understand the reasoning behind this new policy. If I were a twin or doppelgänger of somebody with a ticket who wants to cheat, what would keep me from simply waiting those 30 minutes? Maybe I’m misunderstanding what they’re trying to do, but it sounds to me as if this mostly inconveniences honest visitors without taking care of the problem it was supposed to combat. Wiser minds, enlighten me! What am I missing?

Your right on the money. I think Disney just doesn't want to spend the money on some sort of biometric system that would completely prevent this so instead they are just hassling people who fall into a certain time period in hopes of catching a few crooks. Disney is being cheap and stupid in my opinion.

Thanks. I just worry too much :)
And don’t like to draw too much attention, especially negative. So tempting to go to DCA and scan in when Disneyland’s lines are to the middle of the esplanade, especially when there is no line at DCA. Just makes sense to me. Thanks for the encouragement!

Your right on the money. I think Disney just doesn't want to spend the money on some sort of biometric system that would completely prevent this so instead they are just hassling people who fall into a certain time period in hopes of catching a few crooks. Disney is being cheap and stupid in my opinion.
It’s curious. If there is actually some identifiable problem regularly occurring (like doppelgängers using one ticket we’re all guessing) and it’s enough of a problem to take action, you’d think it’s worth investing money in. I have no idea how much finger scan machines are, but if Six Flags has them, they can’t be too expensive!

Honestly, they should just go full face recognition and have an AI passively scan you as you walk thru the plaza and figure out who you are before you even get to the gate. Then, when you scan your ticket, if you match the ticket you walk right in. If the AI can’t match your face and ticket, then a CM must intervene. It sounds like sci-fi, but check out face recognition videos from China, it’s scary how accurate and fast it works... and people don’t even know they’re being watched.

I’m not sure I understand the reasoning behind this new policy. If I were a twin or doppelgänger of somebody with a ticket who wants to cheat, what would keep me from simply waiting those 30 minutes?..
In the past, one reason scammers didn't wait 30 minutes was because they were transferring tickets/APs to get as many people as possible in on the same entry media. So person 1 would enter using the ticket/AP, then hand off to person 2 through the gate, person 2 would enter and hand off to person 3 -- etc. (With tickets/APs on the app now, the hand off through the gate doesn't even need to happen.) Families and groups of friends want to stick together, not to have each member be separated by 30+ minutes at entry. I wonder if all this is part of testing new software or new CM training in preparation for May 31st/this summer. Time to start asking our friends who work the turnstiles...

Super cheap and stupid considering I am sure they still have the old turnstiles from Disney world that have biometrics in them and could be sent out to Disneyland and installed pretty cheaply.

I still don't get what this solves. Don't tickets all have photos associated with them now? Barring the unusual instance of identical twins, shouldn't this be an issue of the past?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter