Tickets available on the UK website

AdamsMum

DIS Veteran
I have family in the UK and I noticed on their website that the theme park tickets are a much better value. Their 14 day ultimate ticket would cost about $200 less in CAD than the 8 day park hopper ticket I need. I didn't check if they get park hopping included. Does anyone know if you need to show UK residence? I'm not talking about the discounted ticket they have that expires Sept 2021, just their regular ticket. I'm wondering if a family member could buy it for me, or if I could buy for myself and link to my MDE if I'm not a resident of the UK.

I have family in the UK and I noticed on their website that the theme park tickets are a much better value. Their 14 day ultimate ticket would cost about $200 less in CAD than the 8 day park hopper ticket I need. I didn't check if they get park hopping included. Does anyone know if you need to show UK residence? I'm not talking about the discounted ticket they have that expires Sept 2021, just their regular ticket. I'm wondering if a family member could buy it for me, or if I could buy for myself and link to my MDE if I'm not a resident of the UK.
I have a friend in the UK and he says they don’t require proof of residency so you could probably get your family to send to you.

There was a thread a couple years ago about this, someone posted their experience and that's what led me to look into it, but I can't find it now.

https://www.americanattractions.co.uk/
Not sure if the link works or not, might be blocked, I;m not sure. But others on here have purchased their tickets through the UK, much better value (it includes park hopping, water parks and Memory Maker), even with the exchange. You don't need to be a UK resident. It's what I keep wondering about for my next trip as well.
Now with zero Canadian discount tickets this is especially interesting.

They do charge 25£ for overseas shipping so have to add that to calculation

I believe it is still cheaper than "regular" Disney tickets, especially when you factor in the Memory Maker that comes with the tickets.

I believe it is still cheaper than "regular" Disney tickets, especially when you factor in the Memory Maker that comes with the tickets.
I think so! After this trip I still have another 10 day hopper Canadian ticket non-exp! After that is used when I have another WDW trip I’ll have to look into it. But these days I’m doing more Universal and have AP.

The last time I used the UK ticket in 2019, I had to prove residency to activate them onsite. EU residency was accepted.

The last time I used the UK ticket in 2019, I had to prove residency to activate them onsite. EU residency was accepted.
Thanks for the info. Last time I asked UK friend they said no proof of residency was asked of them. But that was a few years ago.

I found this thread from 2019 where it was discussed further.

https://www.disboards.com/threads/buying-uk-tickets.3763648/
As I said, I used a UK package including 14 day tickets in 2012 with no issue at all. Granted things may have changed since then. The only time I’ve heard of a residency requirement for tickets were the special Canadian discounted ones a few years ago (2017?). I’m going to contact this vendor and confirm if they send “activated” hard tickets that can be linked to MDE and used immediately without any further “activation”.

So I called and asked about Canadian's using their UK tickets and she said there is no problem at all and they ship gate-ready tickets with no sort of verification required. She also mentioned that they can ship hard tickets or just email e-tickets to save the £25. Sounded OK to me. I may call again and see if I get the same answers from a different rep and also ask some questions about their Protection Plus package that lets you refund the tickets if they are non-activated which is:
  1. A non-activated ticket is a ticket that has not been used at any point to gain entry to the intended park or parks
I'm not sure if adding them to MDE constitutes activation of a ticket or not. Basically, I want to know that if I buy them and add them to MDE and then for some reason we are unable to use them on site could I still return those tickets? If the answer to that question is yes, then I think I will buy these for my November trip. I'm hoping worst case scenario I can return the unused tickets albeit with a bit of hassle of getting them back to the UK....unless, I just do e-tickets but not sure of the return policy on e-tickets.

Thanks for the update, if there’s any changes or you have problems with them, please post an update? TIA

So I called and asked about Canadian's using their UK tickets and she said there is no problem at all and they ship gate-ready tickets with no sort of verification required. She also mentioned that they can ship hard tickets or just email e-tickets to save the £25. Sounded OK to me. I may call again and see if I get the same answers from a different rep and also ask some questions about their Protection Plus package that lets you refund the tickets if they are non-activated which is:
  1. A non-activated ticket is a ticket that has not been used at any point to gain entry to the intended park or parks
I'm not sure if adding them to MDE constitutes activation of a ticket or not. Basically, I want to know that if I buy them and add them to MDE and then for some reason we are unable to use them on site could I still return those tickets? If the answer to that question is yes, then I think I will buy these for my November trip. I'm hoping worst case scenario I can return the unused tickets albeit with a bit of hassle of getting them back to the UK....unless, I just do e-tickets but not sure of the return policy on e-tickets.

I've been looking these tickets up too, and found a website that for $10 GBP/ticket offers 100% refunds, insurance on lost cards (they will send new ones that can be picked up at will-call) and notes that adding tickets to MDE does NOT activate ticktes. (https://www.attractiontickets.com/e...y-world-resort/disneys-14-day-ultimate-ticket)

Didn't notice and e-ticket option but shipping overseas is only $15 GBP.

I've been looking these tickets up too, and found a website that for $10 GBP/ticket offers 100% refunds, insurance on lost cards (they will send new ones that can be picked up at will-call) and notes that adding tickets to MDE does NOT activate ticktes. (https://www.attractiontickets.com/e...y-world-resort/disneys-14-day-ultimate-ticket)

Didn't notice and e-ticket option but shipping overseas is only $15 GBP.
Thanks for the site. It looks very similar to the AmericanAttractions site right down to the Protection Packages they offer for an extra $10 GBP per. In fact for the 2 tickets we are looking at after everything is included the prices both work out exactly the same. Having said that, I like the wording of the site you provided in terms of the tickets being able to be returned if unactivated which is not impacted by MDE linking.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter