tickets and maxpass on multiple phones

JeffB13

Earning My Ears
I've used the app and maxpass several times, but this is a situation I'm not familiar with.

My fiancee and I are taking our 4 teens in October and we plan on doing maxpass each day for eacy person. I have the app, and I get that I can scan in all of the tickets and get maxpass going for everyone on my phone. I've done this earlier this year when it was just the two of us.

What I want is for each kid to have their own tickets with maxpass on their phones so here's my questions.

1. Do each of the kids need their own Disney account to be able to use the app?
2. Once they scan their tickets, will their app recognize that I've already purchased maxpass from my phone?

Thanks

1. You can do this either way. You can have everyone log in with same account on all devices or you can have each kid create their own account and scan in their ticket (the same ticket can be scanned into multiple accounts). Sometimes login is glitchy on the app and it logs you out for no reason/requires new login. So if you don't want to share your account password with the teens then they should probably create their own accounts.

2. Maxpass is attached to the ticket in the system, not the app. So it will "know" Maxpass has been purchased for that ticket regardless of what device you're looking at it on.

We shared a single account this weekend. My 15yo and her friend were using MP on her phone on my account while my 10yo and I used the same account on my phone. The only issue was that all FP showed up in "my plans" so we had to remember which ones were ours and if there were 2 for the same ride we had to remember which time was ours. Not much of an issue overall. We ended up scanning the physical tickets instead of through the phone app, just to avoid trying to use the wrong one accidentally.

You name The tickets the first time you scan them In maxpass. Shouldn’t be confusing. Write the name On the ticket so You aren’t mixed up at first entry when they take photos.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter