Ticket Upgrade?

Smiling Cheshire Cat

DIS Veteran
Planning our first trip to Universal in June. We bought the buy 2/ get 3 days free tickets that must be used before August 31st. After doing some research I’ve decided I want to stay 5 or 6 nights at Hard Rock or Portofino. Am I able to upgrade one of our tickets to AP to take advantage of a hotel discount? If so can I do this before our trip or do I have to do it onsite? Also which AP is the best for a June trip?

thanks for your help!

I don’t think that you can upgrade by telephone but you can do it at the ticket desk in the hotel or at GS at the parks. You can book a room with an AP discount and that rate will be honoured, as long as you have purchased/upgraded to an AP by check out day. The UOR site has a comparison page, so that you can see what you get with each type of AP. I get a preferred.

You might be able to upgrade over the phone ahead of time if you bought your tickets directly from Universal. If you didn't, you have to wait to do it onsite. Either way, you can book the AP rate at any time.

If you can upgrade now over the phone, you should be able to get the 3 months free promo.

Can you upgrade to any type of pass? It seems like upgrading would be a great deal for everyone right now with the 3 months free? Like the seasonal pass wouldn’t be much more than a 2-3 day ticket.

Yes, you can upgrade to any type of AP. If the value is less than your tickets, you might need a more senior staff member to do the transaction (or you can just say you do not care about getting a refund on the overpayment, or you can use the overpayments from several tickets to upgrade 1 AP to a higher level pass, as long as it is done as 1 transaction).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter