Ticket rates go up Sunday, AP rates for DVC going up, too?

I tried to renew my Annual Pass today with MS but was told I could only do that within 30 days of my expiration date. So, I went online and tried and also was unable to do it because I was outside of the 30 day window.
Mine doesn't expire until 4/28/08 and I had no problem renewing it. Try again, you are doing something wrong.

I tried to renew my Annual Pass today with MS but was told I could only do that within 30 days of my expiration date. So, I went online and tried and also was unable to do it because I was outside of the 30 day window.

The same thing happen to me. I tried to renew our AP's but online renewal said it was not within 30 days. Is it because it is a renewal?

O.K., got it now. Although it says I can only renew 30days prior to expiration, the website does actually let you make the purchase.

Thanks

I was told the same thing as MickeyMagic. A $11.00 increase on regular AP. I also tried to renew AP and was told it could not be done until 30 or less days before or up to 30 days after expire date.

I was told the same thing as MickeyMagic. A $11.00 increase on regular AP. I also tried to renew AP and was told it could not be done until 30 or less days before or up to 30 days after expire date.

It CAN be done online. Try again and just keep going,it will work.

From the Orlando Sentinnel

An adult, one-day, one-park pass that now costs $67 will go up to $71. Price increases of 3 percent to 6 percent were tacked onto most of Disney's "Magic Your Way" tickets and annual passes.

I guess we all saved yesterday in our family. We leave in about a week, so everyone needed tickets. I saved $36 on the 2 10 day tickets I bought DS and SO. I renewed my AP that expires in Oct and saved something (priced not announced yet). My other DD bought 2 DVC APs (new) and saved over the new price times 2. And my other daugther and DH boughted 2 7 day hopper/NE and saved about $30. All together we saved over $100 by buying in advance and would've been buying in a week from now.

Sad, but I bought 2 AP DVC vouchers 2 years ago and haven't used them yet, since we've been renewing for the pass couple of years. They only cost $299 for adult APs in 2005 and as of yesterday that same ticket cost $334, so will be watching to see what the new cost is.

Sad, but I bought 2 AP DVC vouchers 2 years ago and haven't used them yet...

That brings up a question we had when we purchased our APs a few days ago. How long is the voucher good for? We didn't find a time limit in the legal stuff, but we might have missed it.

Peter

As far as I know the vouchers are good forever, as long as you don't turn them in.

If I had the cash I would have bought a couple for my family yesterday for our trips in 2009, next year though.

That brings up a question we had when we purchased our APs a few days ago. How long is the voucher good for? We didn't find a time limit in the legal stuff, but we might have missed it.

Peter

No expiration. I've bought and held on to vouchers before. I will be cashing one in for an AP for my GS next week. I use to buy them in advance when my hubby was a CM and we got them through the company store. Then after buying into DVC we applied them to our DVC AP and they refunded the difference to us.

Looks like the AP increase wasn't too awful. Still glad our family managed to save $100 by everyone buying a week early. That's alot of maragrita money.

I called MS to renew my annual pass (regular, not premium) with the DVC discount. The old price was 304 and the new price will be 315 before tax.

Not enough to buy one ticket now. If I had to do multiples it might be, but just for me it's no big deal. I'm not going until December, so I'll wait.

I didn't read this whole thread, so...

DVC annual pass prices DID go up, I bought mine this morning.:rolleyes1 Should have last week when I was on the phone with MS.

No expiration. I've bought and held on to vouchers before. I will be cashing one in for an AP for my GS next week. I use to buy them in advance when my hubby was a CM and we got them through the company store. Then after buying into DVC we applied them to our DVC AP and they refunded the difference to us.

Looks like the AP increase wasn't too awful. Still glad our family managed to save $100 by everyone buying a week early. That's alot of maragrita money.

I was wondering that. We have two one day tickets we recieved when we added on last year or so for more dvc points. we have the vouchers but will they give us a credit if we turn in our one day tickets? we purchased our vouchers last week and are going in two weeks. lisa

I was wondering that. We have two one day tickets we recieved when we added on last year or so for more dvc points. we have the vouchers but will they give us a credit if we turn in our one day tickets? we purchased our vouchers last week and are going in two weeks. lisa

You can't apply 2 tickets towards one. If you want to apply your one day ticket to buy new APs, they would credit you the price of the ticket, then you would have to hold on to your vouchers until another time. But since you mentioned the tickets were comp tickets, they may not be able to use them as they were complimentary. You would have to ask. If they were one day tickets you got when buying a package, yes, I've used them towards my renewal tickets several times now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter