Ticket rates go up Sunday, AP rates for DVC going up, too?

lazydazy8

DIS Veteran
I read about the ticket rates going up on Sunday the 5th. I haven't ordered our AP's, yet and would like to wait another month or two b/f I do! I see that the regular AP's are going up. Will they raise the DVC AP rates at this time, too? or would that be an annual change as our handbooks come out?

Thanks in advance!

I would guess that the DVC AP price would go up also, since it's not a set price, but rather a $100 discount off the regular price.

I would guess that the DVC AP price would go up also, since it's not a set price, but rather a $100 discount off the regular price.
That's not really true. The discount is roughly $100, but that varies depending upon renewal, APs vs PAPs, and so forth. :smokin:

MG

Does the pass go into effect when you buy it, or when you first use it?
I could be wrong here, as it's been a loooong time since I purchased an original AP. We have renewed for the last 10 or so years..

I think your first AP activates on the day of first use, but if you renew (not always the best financial move), it goes into effect when the old one expires. :smokin:

MG

I could be wrong here, as it's been a loooong time since I purchased an original AP. We have renewed for the last 10 or so years..

I think your first AP activates on the day of first use, but if you renew (not always the best financial move), it goes into effect when the old one expires. :smokin:

MG

MG is right on target on all fronts!:thumbsup2

If you pruchase through the website or MS you will receive a voucher. You will turn in the voucher for your acutal pass. Once you get the pass it is activated.

If you decide to purchase on site be sure to have your DVC member cards for all adults in your party to get the DVC discount.

We purchased ours onsite at Guest Relations as DTD. I also think you can purchase them at the parks, but I don't think you can at all of them. I think only MK and Epcot can only issue APs.

To renew you can do it on the website or in person onsite.

If you decide to purchase on site be sure to have your DVC member cards for all adults in your party to get the DVC discount.

The rates for daily tickets and AP's do not change together. While a change in the AP price is no doubt coming sometime in the next year, currently the price is unaffected by the increase in the daily ticket rate.

We arrive in WDW tomorrow afternoon and my dd needs a new AP. Her's expired in late May, so I figured that I would get a new one tomorrow and be able to use it for our trip next July. My AP expires on Nov 27, '07. I just bought my dd's AP and will pick it up tomorrow afternoon at Intnl Gateway. But, I was also able to renew my AP and it 'said' I could pick it up tomorrow as well. I'm just wondering what will then happen to my AP..will it then say it expires on November 27, '08? Or will they tell me I really can't pick it up until my Dec trip. But, at least I was able to save close to $50 by doing it today. That's a good thing!

The rates for daily tickets and AP's do not change together. While a change in the AP price is no doubt coming sometime in the next year, currently the price is unaffected by the increase in the daily ticket rate.

Why do you think that?

From mousesavers.com talking about the price increases:
Annual Pass prices will be increasing. (This includes regular Annual Passes, Premium Annual Passes and Florida Resident Seasonal, Annual and Premium Annual Passes.) If you buy a new Annual Pass from DisneyWorld.com before the price goes up, you'll receive a voucher that is good essentially forever, which you can exchange at the ticket window for an Annual Pass without paying the new price. The Annual Pass will be valid for one year from the time you redeem the voucher.

Is the general rule still the same? DVC members should buy an annual pass if they visit more than 10 days per year? The new price increase will allow 10 water park visits per 10 day ticket. That is 4 extra water park days. I believe the annual pass DVC renewal is cheaper than the first DVC annual pass?

Is that true? To activate vouchers purchased on-line you only need 1 DVC card per address and identification (drivers license) for each adult living at that address. Do they have additional requirements for on site purchases? That would seem strange.

I don't think this is correct.

See this site.

http://www.aaasouth.com/acs_pages/tis_attraction_rates.asp?id=14

Florida Resident APs go up 8/5. So the price increase is on ALL ticket media not just daily tickets. However, my math indicates the FL Resident AP is going up around $11. I figure that's a good indicator of my expected increase so I am just going to wait unless I find some other relaible data that tells me otherwise.

Thanks for this thread. I had one more AP to purchase before our trip in October. I just ordered it in case the price goes up!

I think your first AP activates on the day of first use...
I believe things have changed and the AP is now activated as of the day you exchange the voucher for the AP or purchase the AP on site. Depending on your future travel plans, it may be better to wait until you are about to enter a park to exchange your voucher for an AP so you don't lose any days on your AP.

Does the pass go into effect when you buy it, or when you first use it?

Well when you buy it...you lock in that price.....no matter when you activate it. You could buy it today and activate it in two weeks or buy it now and activate it in 2 years.

I remember last year when the prices went up, the daily prices increased at a higher rate than the multiple visit packages. Does anyone know how much the AP price is going up? If the increase is $20 or less, it's really not worth panic buying.

I saw a $24 increase listed. Does that mean it is time to panic? :rotfl2:

I called MS to renew my annual pass (regular, not premium) with the DVC discount. The old price was 304 and the new price will be 315 before tax.

I tried to renew my Annual Pass today with MS but was told I could only do that within 30 days of my expiration date. So, I went online and tried and also was unable to do it because I was outside of the 30 day window.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter