Ticket questions

geergirl

Mouseketeer
We have 5 day park hoppers for our upcoming trip (January 10-20). While we are planning to do a number of other things in the area I would like to add an extra day due to the length of our visit. Mostly, I don't want to miss out on the Haunted Mansion on our last day. If we're going to buy a one day ticket I would prefer to buy for a value day. Will we encounter any issue if we use a one day ticket in the middle of our 5 day passes? I am thinking of trying out MaxPass if that makes any difference.

The other possibility, thanks to grandparent generosity at Christmas is to buy a Canadian Resident 3 day (one park per day) pass. It is only $20 more than two day passes and gets us an extra magic morning. I don't think we would spend a full extra three days in the park but could easily do two and maybe an evening. How would it work to mix those in? Would we just decide which day we're using the hopper and which day we're using the single park pass and scan the appropriate pass?

Clearly I need to figure out what the heck we're doing but we tend to fly by the seat of our pants and I'm also stalking the weather forecast.

Hi,

Found this ticket info on Disneyland's site. Hope it helps!

The following link re: 1 Day Tickets

https://disneyland.disney.go.com/faq/tickets/ticket-dates/

* There's a list of days a "value" ticket are NOT applicable.

* Check out the "Additional Info" section re: unused, expired ticket (in case you buy a "value" ticket and decide not to use it during your upcoming trip).

The following link re: Ticket Info in General

https://disneyland.disney.go.com/tickets/

* Multi-day tickets must be used within 13 days of first use THEREFORE this means they do NOT need to be used on "consecutive" days which means you are allowed "break days" once you have activated your 5 Day Park Hopper (activated = used 1 day already).

* Therefore, it should be fine for you to use your 1 day "value" ticket during this same 13 day time period (ie. on 1 of your "break days").

* Reminder: please ensure that you use your "value" ticket on an "applicable value" day. Xref: the first link above for applicable days.

* Reminder: please ensure that you "finish" using the remaining days of your 5 Day Park Hopper within the 13 day time limit.
Disney does NOT refund any "unused" days remaining on your "activated" multi-day tickets.

* Reminder: if you buy a "value" ticket and decide that you do not want to use it, the cost of your UNUSED "value" ticket (even if EXPIRED) may be applied towards the cost of a "future" (ie. new) ticket IF the "future" (new) ticket is equal to or greater than the amount paid for the original ticket. The cost of your "new" ticket will be at current ticket prices at the time of purchase.

Note: I personally have not used a 1 day ticket in between my multi-day ticket. However, if I recall correctly, I did use 2 multi-day tickets (ie. just switched between the 2 multi-day tickets) because I wanted to use the "Magic Morning" feature on certain days during my trip.

Again, ALL days on your multi-day ticket must be used within the 13 days time period otherwise you will "lose" those days from your multi-day ticket as Disney will NOT refund the unused days from multi-day tickets. They will only allow you to apply the cost of UNUSED, EXPIRED tickets towards new ticket purchases IF the new ticket cost is equal to or greater than the cost of the original UNUSED, EXPIRED ticket.

Good luck and have a great trip! :-)

EDITED: Reminder: please ensure that you have all the proper ID when you 1st use your Canadian Resident Tickets. You don't want to waste time going back to your hotel because you forgot your ID.

When we used our Canadian Resident tickets in July 2017 we only had to show ID on the 1st day of use and did not have to show ID again on subsequent days once our Canadian Resident tickets were 1st used (ie. activated). Not sure if this has changed.

Also, if you have a voucher for your Canadian Resident Ticket, please check to see whether or not you need to go to the ticket booth to exchange your Canadian Resident Ticket for "actual" tickets. Some Canadian Resident Ticket Vouchers are actual tickets (ie. just go up to the gate and use) and other vouchers require you to "exchange" for actual tickets at the ticket booth.

Long story short ... we checked at the gates the night before our 1st Park Day
re: our Canadian Resident Voucher but was given the wrong info by the CM at the gate.

What we advised above, we found out the "hard" way (ie. counted down to Park opening on our 1st Disney day only to be denied entry). Took almost an hour at the ticket booth trying to sort everything out. Wanted to cry because we wasted almost an hour in the morning "after" we counted down and watched everyone else go through the gates.

Sadly that would have been our 1st Parking Opening ... never made it early again on subsequent days (too tired to get to the Parks that early again). :-)

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter