• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Ticket Question

ParksPixar&Pizza

Mouseketeer
Can’t really find the question on the site, but if I buy tickets today without Genie+ or the Park Hopper option, are you able to add at a later point? Im undecided as today if I want to add on, but I at least want the base ticket.

You can add Genie+ day by day once you scan into a park. The adding park hopper is more tricky because of park reservations—single park tix have a different pool than park hoppers, and there may not be any availability to switch (unless you’re staying at a Disney hotel, which have their own pool of reservations).

We are in a similar boat. We purchased base tickets through UT, with no intention of park hopping, but, as our trip approaches, and we know it might be our only trip to DL, we have had thoughts of adding them. Am I correct that we would have to add them at the park once we're there? And it might not be possible due to park reservation availability?

We are in a similar boat. We purchased base tickets through UT, with no intention of park hopping, but, as our trip approaches, and we know it might be our only trip to DL, we have had thoughts of adding them. Am I correct that we would have to add them at the park once we're there? And it might not be possible due to park reservation availability?
Depending on the type of ticket you bought, it might be worth contacting UT to see what they can do. Their terms say they are refundable with a 5% fee, unless they are the california discount tickets.
Or can call disneyland ticket sales directly to see if they can add onto them without any refund fees. Can't hurt to ask.

When is your trip?

Reach out to UT and see if they can help you upgrade. You can also probably do it by calling Disney Member Services. They can do a base ticket to an annual pass (even bought via UT) so a base ticket to PH shouldn't be an issue.

Reach out to UT and see if they can help you upgrade. You can also probably do it by calling Disney Member Services. They can do a base ticket to an annual pass (even bought via UT) so a base ticket to PH shouldn't be an issue.
Tacking on to this........I bought tickets from UT in 2020 prior to the shutdown. We're now headed back later this year and I know I still have the value of the tickets at the 2020 rate, but I obviously need to get them current. Do I have to wait till I get there or is there a way to do this beforehand so that I have active tickets to make reservations?

Can’t really find the question on the site, but if I buy tickets today without Genie+ or the Park Hopper option, are you able to add at a later point? Im undecided as today if I want to add on, but I at least want the base ticket.
Tacking on to this........I bought tickets from UT in 2020 prior to the shutdown. We're now headed back later this year and I know I still have the value of the tickets at the 2020 rate, but I obviously need to get them current. Do I have to wait till I get there or is there a way to do this beforehand so that I have active tickets to make reservations?

Simple answer: Yes

I had an old ticket (2020) for a 2 day genie+ but no park hopper, called Disney and was able to add on the hopper. I would just make sure to call at least 20 minutes before the the 3pm PDT push time (the ticket updates are only pushed twice a day) that way you can easily update your reservation right after.

I was able to add on the hopper and update my reservation in a 45 minute span. That being said, I've also added on Genie+ through chat day of.

On a personal note, DL is currently very difficult to do without Genie+. I would not visit without it myself.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter