Ticket question

farcus17

Mouseketeer
So I have 4 days left on my disney world tickets from a 10 day non expire ticket from years ago. I was looking to plan another trip and looking to do 6 days in the park. Is there a way to add 2 days to my 4 days I bought years ago? Thanks in advance for any help with this.

Nope. You can't add on to that ticket. You'd have to buy a new two-day ticket. You're probably better off buying a new six-day ticket and keeping those no-expiration days for another trip.

As PP stated, no you cannot upgrade the old non-expiration ticket -- but even if you could you wouldn't want to because you'd pay out the nose to bring it up to today's prices (probably more than just buying an extra 2-day). I'd price out both a 2-day to use with the old ticket, as well as a new 6-day ticket for the full trip and consider whether you might use the old ticket another time.

The non expire tickets are no longer in disney‘s system, so they have to be used as is. Last year, Disney did a ticket system upgrade and 4 of my non expire tickets just randomly lost days. Guest services could not even put those days back because they said those tickets have to be used as is - so no upgrades.

... of my non expire tickets just randomly lost days. Guest services could not even put those days back because they said those tickets have to be used as is ...
Ah, the importance of keeping track of the dates you used the tickets. If you call in and ask how many days are left, you have to accept the answer they give you. But if you kept records and receipts and years later the ticket all of a sudden had fewer days than your records showed, Disney ought to give you the remaining admissions (assets; entitlements) in some shape or form when you find that out during your latest vacation. You might be issued some replacement tickets but these will be non-upgradable. Meanwhile taking into account the fact that with unexpired Magic Your Way or Park Hopper Plus tickets that had contained the appropriate entitlements, visiting Blizzard Beach in the morning and Typhoon Lagoon in the afternoon with no other activities on a given day, you consumed zero days and two fun visits.

Last edited:
Ah, the importance of keeping track of the dates you used the tickets. If you call in and ask how many days are left, you have to accept the answer they give you. But if you kept records and receipts and years later the ticket all of a sudden had fewer days than your records showed, Disney ought to give you the remaining admissions (assets; entitlements) in some shape or form when you find that out during your latest vacation. You might be issued some replacement tickets but these will be non-upgradable.
Funny you said that. The CM at the MK who helped me basically said I was out of luck. Her system showed I used the tickets a week in September and that was it. I pulled out my phone and showed her pics from those days I supposedly used the tickets while on the Disney fantasy. Told her it would be REALLY hard to have used a ticket for Epcot while in the middle of the Caribbean Sea. She then called her manager and said I could have some comp tickets for those days via a case number - no way to add the days back to the original tickets. Still a pain to deal with, but we did get the days back.

Funny you said that. The CM at the MK who helped me basically said I was out of luck. Her system showed I used the tickets a week in September and that was it. I pulled out my phone and showed her pics from those days I supposedly used the tickets while on the Disney fantasy. Told her it would be REALLY hard to have used a ticket for Epcot while in the middle of the Caribbean Sea. She then called her manager and said I could have some comp tickets for those days via a case number - no way to add the days back to the original tickets. Still a pain to deal with, but we did get the days back.
I just started booking my park days today and noticed my no expire tickets was missing a day (I have a 10 day no expire, and used one day back in 2016 or 2017).

MDE had it at 8 days left. WHAT??? I should have 9 days still!!!

I called today and was told we used one day last June 25th. Yes, we were at Disney BUT we also had an AP!!!

So, we were credited with a park ticket to use anytime.

They are currently giving my sister a hard time and refusing to credit her. I’m not happy with how Disney is treating their repeat guests anymore….

I just started booking my park days today and noticed my no expire tickets was missing a day (I have a 10 day no expire, and used one day back in 2016 or 2017).

I called today and was told we used one day last June 25th. Yes, we were at Disney BUT we also had an AP!!!

They are currently giving my sister a hard time and refusing to credit her. I’m not happy with how Disney is treating their repeat guests anymore….
I have had the same issue a few different times in the past when to came to older non-expy tix. Luckily each time they gave me credit for the days they took by mistake. I had also made sure the tix were prioritized to take from the current tix and not the older tix so it was frustrating. One of the tickets they said is on my account but i can not see it and they gave me a reference number that I have to give when I want to use that ticket. They also told me that regardless of park availability the day I want to use it I will be able to as I can't make a park reservation.

Whenever I've had multiple tickets in my account (we also have AP) I check each day before we leave the park to make sure they pulled from the correct ticket. Even when we prioritized our tickets before entering it sometimes can happen. It's a lot easier to fix it before you leave, verify on phone and screenshot for my records.

Ok you people are freaking me out. Give me directions on how I can see how many visits are left on my 10 day non expiry tickets in the app or the computer. I don't know how to see??

Ok you people are freaking me out. Give me directions on how I can see how many visits are left on my 10 day non expiry tickets in the app or the computer. I don't know how to see??
You have to link them to your MDE account. You may have to call ticketing for help. I keep up with the days on our tickets on MDE and take pictures after any days are used.

You have to link them to your MDE account. You may have to call ticketing for help. I keep up with the days on our tickets on MDE and take pictures after any days are used.
They are. The last time we were there was in 2020. But I don't know how to find them on the app? I see my friends and family list, but where the heck are the tickets??? Should they be attached to the people in the friends and family list? Maybe I should try navigating on the computer.

EDIT*** I found them on the app and surprise, they had more days on them than I thought, whoop, whoop!!

Last edited:
They are. The last time we were there was in 2020. But I don't know how to find them on the app? I see my friends and family list, but where the heck are the tickets??? Should they be attached to the people in the friends and family list? Maybe I should try navigating on the computer.

EDIT*** I found them on the app and surprise, they had more days on them than I thought, whoop, whoop!!
Yay!

They are telling my sister that she’s wrong which is very much upsetting her. She’s been dvc since 2001, 10yrs before I joined, and a regular. I’m upset for her.

@suebeelin I took screenshots of all my tickets and will print them out to keep. I had to actually call to ask where to find the tickets on the app (hit the 3 horizontal lines, if anyone is wondering) and I was telling the rep how people where saying they lost them and she acted like that would never happen. I never wanted to make my tickets electronic but we had no choice. I'll be sure to check in the app at least once a year to make sure they don't get "lost."

We has this happen the year of the switchover. The CM was able to look back at the old system and count the days we used then look at the new system and do the same and credit us. After it was fixed we had no issue. I am not sure if the ability still exists to look back at the old system or more likely many do not know how to do this. I will say it is very frustrating and was long a process as they will NOT accept emails and male you call with no apology just a long wait time and if you are lucky enough to find a CM who knows how to fix the issue.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter