Ticket Question

PrincessPiperMommy

Mouseketeer
Hi there,
We are looking at using undercover tourist for our tickets to Disneyland. My question is can I book Fast Passes at the kiosks with undercover tourist tickets? If so how? Also, can you use the extra magic hour any day? I apologize I've searched under every key word I could think would work.
TIA!!!

Last edited:
So Undercover Tourist or any other authorized ticket seller send you an e-ticket, which you can print out or show on your phone. You take it to the turnstiles on your first day, and the CM there scans it, takes your picture, and prints out a regular DLR ticket for you, like everybody else’s. If you are going to the fastpass kiosks to get fastpasses, that’s the ticket you put in to get your fastpasses. Or, you can get MaxPass on your phone for $15 a day, link your ticket, and book fastpasses via your phone.
Early entry/ Magic Morning at either park, every day, is reserved for guests staying at one of the three DL hotels. However if you purchase a 3 day or more parkhopper in advance, it comes with one Magic Morning entry, for Disneyland only (not California Adventure) during your stay.
BTW, the search engine for this forum isn’t that helpful- you will find awesome information easily by looking at the sticky threads at the top of this forum- esp the Hydroguy tips.

I was typing the exact info given above by avalon451.
I might also suggest checking out Last minute travel club for tickets. https://www.lastminutetravel.com/activities They work the same way but appear to be 20-25 less per ticket than undercover tourist. You do have to join their "club" but it's free if you google a promo code. I've been a member for several years...never been charged other than purchase price when buying tickets.
Have a great trip!!

Thank you both! So right at the turnstiles they print the ticket? Thats great! Thanks 3DisMunchkins I'll look them up.

I was typing the exact info given above by avalon451.
I might also suggest checking out Last minute travel club for tickets. https://www.lastminutetravel.com/activities They work the same way but appear to be 20-25 less per ticket than undercover tourist. You do have to join their "club" but it's free if you google a promo code. I've been a member for several years...never been charged other than purchase price when buying tickets.
Have a great trip!!
I also got my latest batch of 5-day parkhoppers through Last Minute Travel (LMT). They had Undercover Tourist beat by around $30, seems like. Worth checking out.

... Early entry/ Magic Morning at either park, every day, is reserved for guests staying at one of the three DL hotels. However if you purchase a 3 day or more parkhopper in advance, it comes with one Magic Morning entry, for Disneyland only (not California Adventure) during your stay...
Just to clarify: EMH/EE is an early hour entry perk that is only given to on site guests. Early Magic Hour (EMH) is for DL (FL and TL only) on Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays. Early Entry (EE) is for DCA on the other days of the week.
Magic Morning (MM) is a perk for on site and off site guests with a 3 day or longer (non-military) ticket. MM is one hour early entry to DL only (FL and TL only) on Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays.
See the DLR website for more info: https://disneyland.disney.go.com/guest-services/early-admission-options/.

Last edited:

Last edited by a moderator:
Unfortunately, not everyone with 3 day or longer tickets gets MM. Guests using Military Salute tickets are not eligible.
That's too bad, but the significant discount does make up for it! (I think I would rather have the discount myself!)
ETA: Above post updated.

That's too bad, but the significant discount does make up for it! (I think I would rather have the discount myself!)
ETA: Above post updated.
I completely agree--the discount is worth much more than having a MM! :) That discount is the only reason we get to go as much as we do!

Not sure if that’s the case for all sellers, but our eTicket printouts usually have a barcode/ticket number on it, which I can enter into the app before we make it to the parks. This means I can get Maxpass right after we have gone through the turnstiles, without the extra step of scanning passes/setting up my fast pass group, risking wasting even one second of our precious early morning park time, and spending less time being one of those annoying people putzing around on their phones while walking...

So Undercover Tourist or any other authorized ticket seller send you an e-ticket, which you can print out or show on your phone. You take it to the turnstiles on your first day, and the CM there scans it, takes your picture, and prints out a regular DLR ticket for you, like everybody else’s. If you are going to the fastpass kiosks to get fastpasses, that’s the ticket you put in to get your fastpasses. Or, you can get MaxPass on your phone for $15 a day, link your ticket, and book fastpasses via your phone.

Not sure if that’s the case for all sellers, but our eTicket printouts usually have a barcode/ticket number on it, which I can enter into the app before we make it to the parks. This means I can get Maxpass right after we have gone through the turnstiles, without the extra step of scanning passes/setting up my fast pass group, risking wasting even one second of our precious early morning park time, and spending less time being one of those annoying people putzing around on their phones while walking...

You guys are amazing thank you! So this was actually going to be my next question! It sounds like I can either add MaxPass right maybe without scanning if i get a bar code and scan those into the ap before. Right?

It sounds like I can either add MaxPass right maybe without scanning if i get a bar code and scan those into the ap before. Right?
You still need to have been scanned into the turnstiles first for the day (or, if it’s your first day, get your actual ticket & have your picture taken) before you can actually buy the Maxpass for that day. However, scanning the eTicket info into the app and entering your credit card information beforehand eliminates some of the steps that would otherwise slow you down once in the park. This also means that you can take your time entering everything and play around figuring out the app’s interface in the relative calm of your home.

Note also that you still may have your credit card ready when buying your Maxpass (I believe that the app asks for your three-digit security code at that time) and that each member of your group who wants to get Maxpasses (and with that Fastpasses for rides that move & run out quickly) has to be physically in one of the two parks that morning (so no getting Maxpass for people who have a hard time getting out of bed in the morning & decide to join your main group later in the day).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter