Ticket Question

Rob1648

Earning My Ears
So, my daughter was coming to Disney three days after my wife and I. I bought her a 5 day park hopper through a third party and added it to her on MDE.

Now her work plans have changed, she changed her air ticket and is now going with us. Obviously an 8 day park hopper is cheaper than the purchased 5 day and now adding three more days. Again, this was through a third party.

Am I pretty much out of luck here (cost wise)?

So, my daughter was coming to Disney three days after my wife and I. I bought her a 5 day park hopper through a third party and added it to her on MDE.

Now her work plans have changed, she changed her air ticket and is now going with us. Obviously an 8 day park hopper is cheaper than the purchased 5 day and now adding three more days. Again, this was through a third party.

Am I pretty much out of luck here (cost wise)?

You can upgrade the "third party" 5-day Hopper ticket at WDW
for just the difference cost between the 5-day Hopper and 8-day Hopper. (About $32, total.)

The information about how to do this is found in the sticky thread, "All About Tickets & Upgrades" HERE.

Last edited:
You should be able to upgrade the ticket from 5 days to 8 for just the cost difference at a ticket window.

The only issue is that you will not be able to book FP for all 8 days until you upgrade the ticket when you arrive.

I recommend booking her FP on the days that have the highest demand FP, and saving the other three to book when you do the upgrade.

Thanks to all - just did it by calling Disney - the 8 days is on MDE
easy pesy!

Thanks to all - just did it by calling Disney - the 8 days is on MDE
easy pesy!

I did not think you could upgrade a ticket on the phone that was purchased from a third party seller. Did they give you any hassle or was it straight forward? Which number did you call? I have tickets that I want to upgrade, but I was waiting till we were down there to do it.

Well, was told the same thing but I thought I might was well give it try.

Yes, bought third party (Undercover Tourist) - called regular Disney number and they transferred me to "tickets".

No hassle at all - gave existing ticket number -and upgraded to 8 day

- and Robo was right on - $31.95

Well, was told the same thing but I thought I might was well give it try.

Yes, bought third party (Undercover Tourist) - called regular Disney number and they transferred me to "tickets".

No hassle at all - gave existing ticket number -and upgraded to 8 day

- and Robo was right on - $31.95

Pretty sure that’s literally unheard of here.

Pretty sure that’s literally unheard of here.
Well, I guess it's heard of now!

OP, I'm glad it all worked out for you!
It’s being reported that the ticketing system is being restructured and those who have purchased third-party tickets will now have ‘immediacy’ for their tickets.

It must mean they can now upgrade third-party tickets prior to arrival. Good news!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter