Ticket question, need expert assistance!

Zoemakes5

<font color=deeppink>Support me in my Disney mania
Hey there, you avid DL goers! Question for you....
This year, when they had the "everyone pays kids rate" promotion, they also had a "buy and adult and get a kid's free" rate. Though it wasn't promoted as much, and you couldn't find it on the DL website.
Does ANYONE know if they are doing that again for 2007 along with their "everyone pays kids rate" promotion?

And, has anyone participated in that promotion (get a kids' free) and had to upgrade one fo the free ones to an adult?

YOu can't really upgrade a one of the free childs tickets to an adult. The tickets are coded with the dollar amount paid. Since it would be a free ticket, it would have no value towards an upgrade.

edit: you also can't apply the free childs ticket toward an a/p- as it has no value.

Well, after three transfers, I have my answer.....
They are not doing the promotion that buy an adult ticket, get a kids ticket free for 2007, according to WDW travel. The person I talked to was helpful, knew exactly what I was talking about and was able to let me know it was not going to be happening. Oh well!
As far as the other ticket, I know that at WDW, they will often upgrade to an adult or to a park hopper or whatever for just the cost of the difference, not the entire cost of the ticket. Depends on who you talk to. Kind of a moot point, now, though.

I've been waiting around for the same thing! :) It is buy at the kid's price when we go in January which is great, but I still going to wait another month or so just in case they decide to do that same kids free promotion. I remember it from last year too. You never know....might change last minute. Anyway, I'm a planner and won't be waiting much past end of November. :goodvibes

Zoemakes5 said:
As far as the other ticket, I know that at WDW, they will often upgrade to an adult or to a park hopper or whatever for just the cost of the difference, not the entire cost of the ticket. Depends on who you talk to. Kind of a moot point, now, though.

If you buy a ticket you could probably upgrade it to an adult ticket, just like you can upgrade to an a/p, for the price difference. However getting a ticket for free is not the same. You didnt pay, so it has no value. The up grade amount is the price of a full price ticket.

Since DL doesn't publish their promotions and price increases ahead of time, I would not entirely believe the CM you spoke too. How do they know they won't be having these promotions next year? DL CMs get very little info ahead of time.

As for upgrading tickets, DL always takes the value paid into account for upgrading tickets.

dletz said:
Since DL doesn't publish their promotions and price increases ahead of time, I would not entirely believe the CM you spoke too. How do they know they won't be having these promotions next year? DL CMs get very little info ahead of time.

As for upgrading tickets, DL always takes the value paid into account for upgrading tickets.

yes, we were notified of the price change like 1 day before it actually changed. And there is not much promotions. I would consider going to costco or something for your tickets.

dletz said:

Hmmm. Must be a bit different than at WDW, then. I've been told more than one time that it's the cost of the upgrade, not the initial amount of the ticket. Especially since people could be using tickets from years ago with no expiration date on them. For example, if you have a 5 day non-hopper from years ago, what I've been told is that they'll charge you the difference between what today's price of a 5 day non-hopper and a 5 day hopper costs. (I think around $40.) Same with tickets that you might purchase that expire. You can add the non-expiry option to them for the cost difference between what the exir and non-expir cost. But, maybe it's different at DL. Maybe it's because there are so many old non-expiring hoppers out there that they couldn't figure out the value of anymore. :confused3

My understanding about DL tickets is that they are all barcoded and DL knows how much was paid for every ticket.

That is they price they use when figuring out how much you owe for an upgrade.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter