Ticket question - multi day use

TexanInBrazilandBackAgain

Earning My Ears
We're newbies to all things theme park, so please be kind if this is a "Duh, no..." sort of question.

We're going to Orlando in May, will have 6 days to spend in parks, planning to do 3 of the 4 Disney parks and the 2 main Universal parks.

BUT - we'll be getting Universal's Buy 2, Get 3 Days Free tickets, so we'll have 5 days of tickets, we'll use 2 of them.....we'll have the 3rd day of optional use on our "down" day if we need to repeat something at one of them.....

BUT (finally the question): is it possible to use another "day" on the ticket to enter the opposite park, if, for ex, on our 3rd/down day we wanted to split it half & half? Or no such luck? I can't quite find the answers in the FAQs on their site.

Thanks for any input!

Um, duh!.....just kidding Good question.
If your ticket is a Park to Park ticket you may enter Both Universal Parks on the same day. If your ticket is a Base ticket you may only enter one park on any given day. Also, you may Not ride Hogwarts Express, the train ride that connects the 2 parks, unless you have a Park to Park ticket.
Hope that answered your question!

is it possible to use another "day" on the ticket to enter the opposite park, if, for ex, on our 3rd/down day we wanted to split it half & half? Or no such luck? I can't quite find the answers in the FAQs on their site.

No, you may not use 2 days worth of a Base ticket to enter both parks in one day. You can only "park hop" with a Park to Park ticket.

The Buy-2-Get-3 deal includes both Base tickets for $225 or the Park to Park tickets for $285. So it just depends on which one you have, like Texan said.

thanks, everyone! that's what I figured....trying to decide if Park to Park is worth it. This may push it into the "worth it" category.....thanks everyone!

You can’t ride the Hogwarts Express without having a park to park ticket, in case that sways you.

Thanks; I have one son who's pushing for it, but we're debating whether or not it's worth the $60 extra, per person (x5 of us) to do so....$300 for a train ride, as cool as I've heard it is, is pretty steep. We shall see.....

Thanks; I have one son who's pushing for it, but we're debating whether or not it's worth the $60 extra, per person (x5 of us) to do so....$300 for a train ride, as cool as I've heard it is, is pretty steep. We shall see.....
Is your son the only one who cares about riding? If so, you could get a P2P for him and another one for an adult (or other companion depending on his age) just to ride with him. $120 is still pretty steep for 10 total minutes of train riding, but I’m the level of Potterhead that would seriously consider it.

The train is different in each direction, so I’m a way it’s two rides. ;)

I personally love hopping back and forth on a whim, so I get p2p if I don’t have an AP.

We're considering it; I know the train would be fun, but.....ooph the price. Luckily he's old enough (18) to ride solo, worst case scenario, we do that for him but.....still steep. Bigger draw for us, at the moment, is that P2P would let us spend half day in each on our extra day, if we want/feel we didn't see everything on our 2 single days. (1 day in each park). Otherwise we have to choose one or the other.

Still.....for $300 for the family.....not sure. We'll see.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter