• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Ticket questioin

trekkie2

Mouseketeer
We are visiting in September and have multi day park hoppers. It now looks as if one of the members of our party will not be able to use all the days on her ticket. Is it possible for someone else to use that day? Dont want to be un- ethical but it would be a nice chance to share the day with someone who wouldnt be able to attend otherwise.

I know WDW has the finger scanner thing, but didn't think DL does, just uses the paper ticket. Anyone know?

Disneyland tickets are non-transferable, which means if she has already used any day on that ticket, no other person can rightfully use that ticket according to official Disney policy. If anyone tells you to the contrary, it is against Disney policy and against DIS board policy to discuss it.

Disneyland tickets are non-transferable, which means if she has already used any day on that ticket, no other person can rightfully use that ticket according to official Disney policy. If anyone tells you to the contrary, it is against Disney policy and against DIS board policy to discuss it.

What you said ... plus I'll add that I've seen people try to do it and get caught. It really puts a damper on they day.

Does anyone know if she can exchange the ticket for the # days hopper she needs at guest services, and get a refund on the difference?

:confused3

What CAN be done however is... the person who will not be able to use all the days on her ticket can return any days within 13 days of the first day of use to use those extra days (provided it's before the expiration date).

I don't know the logistics of where this person lives, but if she can get back to DLR, her PH is good X number of days within 13 days of first use. So... maybe she goes back a few days later. Just an idea if the geography/logistics of it work for her.

- Dreams

Or perhaps they upgrade to an AP if they'll be back within a year and then they wont need tickets for their next trip?

When we upgraded our parkhoppers to renew our APs they grilled us asking each day we entered and which park we went to. I know they have been doing this for a while but it was the first time we'd personally been asked.

Everyone has already covered the bases of it being against policy and they clearly state this as such on the tickets. I do hope you can work something out for them but no, you cannot allow someone else to use their ticket. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter