Ticket Options: eticket vs physcial

Another hack I saw here that I totally intend to use (thanks, Skyegirl!) is to take a picture of your ticket barcode, and make it the lock screen on your phone. That way, when scanning in for a MaxPass or anything else, it's right there on the front of your phone for scanning, no need to unlock or fumble for your screenshots or pictures.

When buying the tickets online and printing the email, does that slow you down during park entry to get your physical tickets? Would it be better to have them mailed?

Haven't been to the parks since 2012 so it's an entire new experience, and I'm probably overthinking as well. Thanks!

If you buy your tickets directly from Disney or from an authorized seller that emails you tickets with a bar code (e.g. LMT, UT, AAA, etc.), you go directly to the gates where a CM will scan the bar code and give you a paper ticket. Even if you had paper tickets mailed, you would still have to take a minute at the turnstile for the CM to take your photo to attach to your tickets. This whole process only takes a minute or two -- really, it's not a big deal at all! If you prepurchased MP, you'll be ready to go after going through the turnstile. If you decide to purchase MP on a day by day basis, it will only take a minute or so after you go through the turnstile. Just make sure your credit card is already on file on the app. Then scan your ticket, purchase MP, and go have a great day!
The only tickets I can think of that might slow you down would be the vouchers without a bar code that have to be taken to a ticket booth or to Guest Services first, before you can go to the turnstiles. But as long as your tickets have a bar code, you should be fine.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter