Ticket Increase Question

Sparrow'sLady

Mouseketeer
From 2001 until 2019 we always had annual passes via DVC. This upcoming trip I will be purchasing tickets for December. These will be regular park tickets for my stay, so roughly 7 days.

I believe there was a price increase in Feb?? I thought I read it is common that there are two a year, about every 6 months?

Roughly how much is that increase? Is it less than $20 for a week per person?

I do not mind waiting until Oct/Nov to purchase tickets if we are talking $20 or so a person. I am hesitant to purchase tickets early this year.

Also, I believe Disney and UT are the only companies that will refund if you cancel and do not use your tickets, correct?

Last edited:
I'm not sure if there was an increase in February, but there definitely was one in October. I renewed my Sorcerer's Pass for $876.50 before the increase and my wife's for $904.19 after the increase. Of course renewing is a little cheaper than buying one new. I hope this helps.

Sorry -- I just re-read and realized you are asking about AP prices. I'm not sure they increased in February with the 2025 release of date-based tickets. I think the price you see now is likely to be the price if you wait a few months. No guarantee though.

If I buy it now, but don't activate it until October, but there's a price increase in July or August, will I be impacted by it? That is, when I go to Guest Relations to activate it in October, will they either try to charge me the increase, or give me the value then by making my Annual Pass good for less than 365 days? If not, buying now may be a way around price increases.

If I buy it now, but don't activate it until October, but there's a price increase in July or August, will I be impacted by it?
No. If you buy an AP today you will have one year to activate it. No extra charge. If you wait more than 1 year from today, you will need to upgrade to whatever price is current then.

Regardless of how long between purchase and activation, the AP itself will be valid for use for one-year from the date you activate or first use it to enter a park.

Sorry -- I just re-read and realized you are asking about AP prices. I'm not sure they increased in February with the 2025 release of date-based tickets. I think the price you see now is likely to be the price if you wait a few months. No guarantee though.
I am buying regular, non-AP tickets. :)

I don’t know about the price increase, but I believe UT will refund tickets up to a few days before the date, but Disney only refunds tickets if they are part of a package (tickets and room) and you cancel that whole package within the allowed time window.

I am buying regular, non-AP tickets. :)
Then I read it correctly the first time... sorry.

Now that WDW uses date-based tickets, increase aren't announced or obvious anymore like it used to be. In fact, it may not even be known unless someone was watching the price for specific dates and then notices it changed. The change might be $5, might be $50; it really depends on date and length of ticket. Or there may be no change. Changes tend to occur at times that WDW is posting new tickets -- such as in late February when the 2025 tickets were released, or last Dec. when new AP rates were updated. WDW has not been consistent with releases or updates for the past few years.

So there isn't really a good answer. Yes it's possible tickets may increase for your dates. It's also possible there's no change. The standard advice is to buy when you are ready -- meaning when you know you are definitely going and you can afford the cash out. If something happens that you end up cancelling the visit, the fully-unused ticket will convert to a credit to be used towards a future ticket.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter