Ticket ? for Free Dining Package

minniesfriend

Mouseketeer
Our family has AP's and would like to take advantage of the free dining. My daughter would like to bring a friend who does not have an AP. We understand that we will all need to be on the same ticket to purchase the package. Can we purchase 2 day passes to get the free dining package for everyone, then use our AP's, and get a separate 3 day pass for our DD's friend to make up for the remaining days? If so, can we link this pass to our room for FP+?

Thank you!

I thought for free dining you had to purchase tickets for length of stay to for each person ?

For free dining the minimum kind of ticket that goes with the package has varied over the years. I think the minimum for this go round is two days.

It's your choice, ordering an additional (non-package) ticket for DD's friend. Yes, that can be linked to his/her entry in the My Disney Experience so you can book fastpasses for everybody for all of the days.

When you get there you would prioritize each person's Magic Band so your family draws admissions off of annual passes first and DD's friend draws admissions off of only one ticket for the entire vacation, the designated ticket upgraded to the full number of days after you all have entered the first park.

Optionally, the ticket admission sets not being used can be disengaged from the magic bands and re-issued as cards.

(minor detail) If you are not doing any park hopping and the entire vacation is for 3 days then you could buy a one day ticket as the additional ticket for DD's friend and not do any prioritizing or disengaging for him/her.

Last edited:

Only problem with a 2 day ticket is you won't be able to make advance fp choices for more than the two days for her. You don't need a separate 3 day, but after arrival can upgrade her ticket to a 5 day. After check in, ticket entitlements are handled individually! For best cost to upgrade, have her enter a park on your first park day, and then upgrade at guest services.

You can absolutely use your APs and save the other two day tickets for another trip, and upgrade them in future if you like...Just make sure that they are prioritized on your Magic Band!...You can also get hard copy tickets (removed from band) at Guest Services. I did this at DTD Guest services last year on my last day

We have AP's as well and have 2 day PH tickets from a FD package when we go in Oct. I planned on leaving them in my account until it was time for my AP renewal in June 2016. Do you recommend having them removed from my MB and get hard copy tickets so they won't get "mixed up" with the AP's?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter