Ticket extension?

madduck

Mouseketeer
So one of the families on our trip came down with covid. They had used 1 day on a three day hopper plus ticket. We are in Florida for another week but the ticket ends on Sunday. Has anybody had any luck getting a date extension?

They don’t feel like they can go into the park yet. Will they let someone else advocate on their behalf?

They don’t feel like they can go into the park yet. Will they let someone else advocate on their behalf?

Likely can try calling them up. Maybe able to help out over phone since if they have Covid, makes sense to not be 'in person' to discuss anything.

This has been tricky for us....We came down last week with covid. Went to front desk. They said they granted us 1 day each good through July 2025 since we had 1 day left on our ticket. Went back to room and only my husband got it on his MDE. Went back down to the desk 2 times (and positive with covid- couldn't get anybody to answer chat) and both times they said it would appear within 30 minutes. I gave up after the 2nd trip due to utter exhaustion, packing to leave early, and just didnt want to expose anyone I didn't need to.

We have been home a week and only my husband has the 1 day ticket credited to his account. I placed an email to customer service explaining the situation and we have yet to hear back.

Same thing happened to several members of our party. We were staying at the BWVs. I was one of those who came down with Covid in the middle of the trip. When Housekeeping called because the DND had been on the door all day I told them I was isolating. Long story short, they will shut off your park ticket for the 5 days after you notify them. They will also give you non upgradeable single day tickets for the days you did not use on your current ticket. These new tickets are good for 3 years. I did all of this via one phone call and then texting with a cast member assigned to handle these issues.

When Housekeeping called because the DND had been on the door all day I told them I was isolating.

Just wondering, how did housekeeping handle this? Did they leave towels & needed supplies outside the room? And what about food? Did you do mobile order & have to go pick up?

Curious just in case anything happens while we’re there next month. Better to have some idea of what to do if necessary. And I hope you’re recovered & it wasn’t too bad.

Just wondering, how did housekeeping handle this? Did they leave towels & needed supplies outside the room? And what about food? Did you do mobile order & have to go pick up?

Curious just in case anything happens while we’re there next month. Better to have some idea of what to do if necessary. And I hope you’re recovered & it wasn’t too bad.
Yes, Housekeeping will still bring supplies. In our case they were willing to bring them in and drop them on the table, or leave them outside the door.

The only thing Disney monitors is your ticket access to the parks, so food is up to you how you want to handle given CDC isolation guidelines. If your resort has room service that is an option (BWV does not). You can order groceries through Instacart or another app, but this might only be helpful if you have at least a microwave and fridge. The driver could not bring directly to the room, but they would drop off with Bell Services who would then bring it up.

You could also order food from off property through one of the delivery apps. I read that someone couldn't do so through DoorDash, but others could do so through UberEats and other apps. Also, if you have others in your room not in isolation, they could of course bring food to you.

Since Disney is not literally locking you in your room, there is nothing stopping you from mobile ordering and picking things up. I am not advising one way or the other on this, only pointing out you are not barred from doing so.

For all the people that come down with covid, at what point do you say hmmm I should test for covid? Or does everyone just test 2 or 3 days into the trip? So many people are saying mild symptoms, I may not even think of testing.

For all the people that come down with covid, at what point do you say hmmm I should test for covid? Or does everyone just test 2 or 3 days into the trip? So many people are saying mild symptoms, I may not even think of testing.
I packed the free home covid tests we got in the mail. We came back from Universal earlier this summer with my mom getting it and had heard so many friends catching it I thought it was best to be safe. My husband laughed at me, yet he was the first one hit! He literally ached in every muscle of his body and was running fever so it was kinda a no-brainer to test.

Since he tested positive, we were all on high alert. The next morning I woke up with the sore throat that felt like strep and there was my positive. At that point we packed it up and drove home. My daughter had symptoms that same morning but we didnt bother testing at that point. When we got home, we tested our daughters and 2/3 were positive though the youngest never showed symptoms (her 2nd time with it and has NEVER shown symptoms).

And to add to my original post about a month ago, Disney DID get back with us and included myself and 3 girls with one-day tickets. It took them about 2 weeks to issue them, but we were very grateful for the gesture since they are under no obligation.

I packed the free home covid tests we got in the mail. We came back from Universal earlier this summer with my mom getting it and had heard so many friends catching it I thought it was best to be safe. My husband laughed at me, yet he was the first one hit! He literally ached in every muscle of his body and was running fever so it was kinda a no-brainer to test.

Since he tested positive, we were all on high alert. The next morning I woke up with the sore throat that felt like strep and there was my positive. At that point we packed it up and drove home. My daughter had symptoms that same morning but we didnt bother testing at that point. When we got home, we tested our daughters and 2/3 were positive though the youngest never showed symptoms (her 2nd time with it and has NEVER shown symptoms).

And to add to my original post about a month ago, Disney DID get back with us and included myself and 3 girls with one-day tickets. It took them about 2 weeks to issue them, but we were very grateful for the gesture since they are under no obligation.
See for me, my voice always sounds like I have sore throat. After talking for a bit , my throat feels like I've been talking for days. And if I get stressed, I have almost no voice at all. I often have a slight cough and then I sneeze, yeah weird.

I was sure during the high point of Covid people would feel for sure I was a carrier. So some symptoms of Covid are just normal for me. Now a fever, would certainly give me pause.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter