• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Ticket expiration question

Zooey

Mouseketeer
My friend and his wife bought tickets late last year for a trip this coming September with us. Unfortunately, she got a new job and can’t come now. My friend asked Disney if he could return the ticket and they said no, but that it never expires.
My ticket says valid before January 2020. So, did they change his ticket to be no expiration, or are all tickets that way and if so why do they say the valid until thing?
Thank you!!

My friend and his wife bought tickets late last year for a trip this coming September with us. Unfortunately, she got a new job and can’t come now. My friend asked Disney if he could return the ticket and they said no, but that it never expires.
My ticket says valid before January 2020. So, did they change his ticket to be no expiration, or are all tickets that way and if so why do they say the valid until thing?
Thank you!!
Disney tickets state clearly that they are non-refundable, non-transferable, and not for resale. However, they don't "expire" in value. So, what the CM meant is that expired tickets are not worthless because they do not lose their original monetary value. Whatever value is coded into the ticket's barcode is what the ticket will continue to be worth until your friend decides to use it. (So DON"T throw this ticket away!) When that time comes, your friend can take the ticket to the booth and upgrade it to whatever ticket he decides he wants. The expired ticket's value will be credited toward the cost, and he will only have to pay the difference in price. The expiration date on the ticket tells you how long the ticket is good to get you into the park, not how long the ticket retains monetary value. Hope this helps.

Last edited:
Disney tickets state clearly that they are non-refundable, non-transferable, and not for resale. However, they don't "expire" in value. So, what the CM meant is that expired tickets are not worthless because they do not lose their original monetary value. Whatever value is coded into the ticket's barcode is what the ticket will continue to be worth until your friend decides to use it. (So DON"T throw this ticket away!) When that time comes, your friend can take the ticket to the booth and upgrade it to whatever ticket he decides he wants. The expired ticket's value will be credited toward the cost, and he will only have to pay the difference in price. The expiration date on the ticket tells you how long the ticket is good to get you into the park, not how long the ticket retains monetary value. Hope this helps.
Ahh, thank you so much for that explanation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter