Ticket Adjustments?

Jetapss

Disney Queen
Hello,

I purchased 10 day Park Hopper Plus Waterpark passes in 2020 with plans to visit in the summer of 2020. My kids & I were going to spend 2 weeks, mostly to give us time to try the Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom game and do additional character events that we never get to do in our shorter trips since we always want to ride all the rides. Clearly COVID ruined that plan. At the time, I also had a 2 year old so I didn't get him a ticket. Now that Sorcerers is gone, most character events are gone, FP+ is gone, park reservations are required, park hoppers are essentially gone, & quite frankly, I'm not excited about ever returning to Disney with all the new changes - which is sad considering my husband & I got married there & have been many many times - I'm not sure I want to stay for 2 weeks. However, we still have the tickets that we purchased through Shades of Green. Is there a way to have our 10 day Park Hopper passes reduced to 5 day single-park while also adding a ticket for my son? If we return, I think I would rather pick a single week that's not in the summer since I don't feel like we'd have as much fun as we usually do.

Also, what fun things for young kids still remain (4, 7, 10)? I won't be counting on going on any of the big rides if we go next summer with the new requirements & paying so much extra for the fast lanes (adds up real quick for a family of 5). We also refuse to stand in a line longer than 30-45 min. No 3 min ride is worth that - especially in the summer heat. Should I just request a refund for my tickets & go to Universal instead? I know my daughter is dying to go to Harry Potter World & at this point, Disney has lost the magic for me. Or should I just keep postponing our Disney trip until they make it better again?

Also, if I placed this thread in the wrong place, please forgive me & help me to get it to the right place.

Thanks.

Its unlikely but all you can do is ask Disney directly.

I would look on the website to see what attractions you think they'd like and I'd look on the app to see average wait times.

I would call and see what you can do… I had bought for the after hours Halloween party for 6 of us. We cancelled that trip due to COVID, and re booked for Christmas, but only 4 of us were going. They applied the full amount I paid for the 6 tickets to the cost of the 4 Christmas tickets I was buying. I think it just depends, but they worked to minimize my out of pocket for that at least.

It sounds like staying at a universal hotel with express pass benefits is the best fit for you. If you’re not able to get a refund and are only able to use the tickets for Disney, I think there is still fun stuff for them, but not necessarily for free like Sorcerers. If you’re able to go during a festival, my DD loves the Epcot searches for $8ish each. They always get a prize. AK has those adventurer booklets for free.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter