throwback thursday - trip report from 1991

DLfan4

Cant wait for another trip to DLR
ihi. for throwback Thursday, here is a trip report from 1991 ( at least I think it was 1991? it might have been 1992?)
This was my first trip to Disneyland and southern California. I had been to Northern California before.

Myself and a small group of friends were going on a Carnaval Cruise staring in LA and down to Mexico. The Cruise ship Jubilee.

So we decided to tag on a few days in Southern California and of course first on our list is Disneyland. This was the first visit for each of us. I will see if I can find some old pictures and post them later.

Day 1 Sunday
The trip started with us driving to Grand Forks North Dakota, as our flight was leaving from there. Our flight left really early in the morning. We arrived in LA and the cruiseline had a bus waiting at the airport for us. Then the bus drove us to the port. We spent some time checking out all the different levels of the ship. it was gorgeous. before the ship left the port, we all had to attend a safety meeting. then after than we set sail. Then we were invited to the captains cocktail party. We had the late dinner, then we went to see the show in the theatre.

Day 2 Monday
Day at Sea. Spent the day by the pool of course! and ate and ate and ate ! Wow the Food on the ship !

Day 3 Tuesday
arrive at Puerto Vallarta
We decide to rent snorkeling equipment from the ship, and then take one of the local taxis and ask for a tour. The driver takes us on a tour of Puerto Vallarta, and then takes us to a great place for us to try snorkerkeling. after our try at snorkeling, We did a bit of shopping and then took a taxi back to the ship for dinner.

Day 4 Wednesday
arrive a Mazatlan
The fellows in our group went on a Fishing tour organized by the ship. The ladies in our group chose the sightseeing and Shopping tour. When we found out that the beach was right behind the shopping area we decided to get off the tour and just go to the beach. There as a neat pub and you could get a Corona and take it to the beach! so we all did that. Then a few of us went parasailing on the beach. we spent a bit more time on the beach then took a taxi to the ship and had dinner on the ship.

Day 5 Thursday
Day at Sea. Spent the day by the pool again! and ate and ate and ate!

Day 6 Friday
Arrive at Cabo San Lucas. the ship is too large to go to the port, so we had to take these smaller boats to transport us from the ship to shore. We spent the day at this amazingly beautiful beach. close by they had a very neat open market, so we did a lot of shopping.
Then headed back to the ship.

Day 7 Saturday
Day at Sea. more pool time and eating.

Day 8 Sunday
Arrive in LA. We take a taxi to our hotel. It was a few blocks from Disneyland ( maybe in Garden Grove?) . there was a car rental place next door, so we rented a car. we drove to Hollywood area to see the Hollywood sign, and the walk of fame. We also went to Ripleys believe it our not. Then went to eat near the hotel.

Day 9 Monday
DISNEYLAND DAY !!!!!!!
< more info to be posted below soon - need to find my notes, and pictures from the trip >

Day 10 Tuesday
We found a huge mall and went shopping. For dinner a few of us were driving around and found Belisle's restaurant. At the time we didn't realize that this was a famous restaurant. The place is know for its enourmous portions. So I ended up ordering the ribs, corn on the cob, and so much more. The restaurant had pictures of many famous people who eat there. I remember John Candy and Roseanne Barr on the walls. I heard this place closed down now. Does anyone else remember Belisle's?

Day 11 Wednesday
Universal Studios day
< more info to be posted below soon - need to find my notes / pictures from the trip >

Day 12 Thursday
Fly back Grand Forks

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter