• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Throwaway room (read post #2041 or #2710 before posting)

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok so this throwaway room has me intrigued as we plan to stay offsite for a week. I've read over 30 pages on this thread.
1) If I book a room let's say for Jan 8-9, but don't want to apply my tickets til the 9th (getting in kinda late on the 8th) can I choose the days that I attach tickets to my room?
2) And if I do this I don't have to use the kiosk and can use my phone? But If I don't do this I have to stand in line at a kiosk?
3) I will at least get free parking for the 9th, and possibly the rest of my stay?
4) I can do 60+ day fastpass reservations
5) Has anyone ever used EMH after their reservation stay? Let's say I try to use EMH on Jan 10 with my band, will it work?
6) I can link a credit card to my MB cause I'm staying onsite right? Or is the MB just connected to your room? Would love if I could connect it to a credit card.

My apologies if this has been asked already, I've read through some pages and want to make sure I understand. I booked a room buying DVC points check in day is January 2nd. I have a 3 day base ticket linked to my account. I can't book fastpasses until 30 days out. If I book a room for January 1st will a 60 day window open up for me?

My apologies if this has been asked already, I've read through some pages and want to make sure I understand. I booked a room buying DVC points check in day is January 2nd. I have a 3 day base ticket linked to my account. I can't book fastpasses until 30 days out. If I book a room for January 1st will a 60 day window open up for me?
You'll have a 60-day window based on your onsite DVC reservation. There is no reason to book an additional night for January 1st.

You'll have a 60-day window based on your onsite DVC reservation. There is no reason to book an additional night for January 1st.

I was just on the MDE I linked tickets I purchased and going through the steps to book fastpasses just to get acclimated to the steps the window was only at 30 days right now, so it will open when it gets to the 60 window on November 3rd at midnight?

I read that and I confused myself. It's nice to be able to ask and make sure I have it straightened out.
:) If you have any other FP questions, it's best to ask on mesa's thread. I only answered here because I didn't want you to waste time and/or money on a room you didn't need.

Sorry if this has been answered before, but I couldn't read through all 130 pages. We have a campsite reserved for one night and are having the MagicBands shipped in advance (we live in Canada but sending them to a US address). Do we need to go pick up parking passes for the parks? Or will they just scan our MagicBands?

Edit - Is there any reason at all that we need to go to the campsite?

ok so this throwaway room has me intrigued as we plan to stay offsite for a week. I've read over 30 pages on this thread.
1) If I book a room let's say for Jan 8-9, but don't want to apply my tickets til the 9th (getting in kinda late on the 8th) can I choose the days that I attach tickets to my room?
2) And if I do this I don't have to use the kiosk and can use my phone? But If I don't do this I have to stand in line at a kiosk?
3) I will at least get free parking for the 9th, and possibly the rest of my stay?
5) Has anyone ever used EMH after their reservation stay? Let's say I try to use EMH on Jan 10 with my band, will it work?
6) I can link a credit card to my MB cause I'm staying onsite right? Or is the MB just connected to your room? Would love if I could connect it to a credit card.

got most the answers on my own cause wasn't getting any feedback but still curious about #2 and #6

got most the answers on my own cause wasn't getting any feedback but still curious about #2 and #6

I think your questions may have been pretty confusing. Let me try.

1) What do you mean by "apply my tickets"? Tickets don't get attached to specific days. A 5 day ticket means you can go to a major park on 5 different days, within the expiration of the ticket. You don't have to decide up front which ones.

When you select FP+ in advance, however, you are selecting days. But it can be any five days within your current booking window. And you can cancel one day and book a different one if you so choose.

If by "apply my tickets" means you won't enter them into MDX until you get there, then you can't book any FP+ in advance, since you don't have a ticket associated with the account.

2) This depends on the answer to #1, but if your ticket is in MDX, and your booking window is open, the only time you NEED to use a kiosk is for additional FP+ after the first 3.

3) You only get free parking for the 8th and 9th.

4) Sort of. If you book a room for Jan 8th-9th, on November 9th, you'll be able to book BOTH of those days. But to book the 10th, you need to wait until November 11th. And it's 60 days from each day thereafter (as least far as I most recently knew - could have changed)

5) No

6) You can link a credit card to your room. Your band can only be used to charge to your room, and the balance gets charged to your card in the early morning hours of your check-out day. You can continue to use it on your check-out day (up until midnight I believe), and they will be charged that night.

They _may_ be planning on having direct CC charging (or perhaps similar indirect charging) for off-site guests, since one of the purposes of MBs are to make it easier to spend, but they have not actually announced that intent.

I'm trying to backread to figure this out - and I don't think it's possible - but if I already plan to stay on site, and have booked a MYW package, planned everything in MDX, and then book a single night under another account with different details, would I be able to add FP+ to the bands they send me for the throwaway night? Or would I have to associate some kind of ticket with that night?

I'm trying to backread to figure this out - and I don't think it's possible - but if I already plan to stay on site, and have booked a MYW package, planned everything in MDX, and then book a single night under another account with different details, would I be able to add FP+ to the bands they send me for the throwaway night? Or would I have to associate some kind of ticket with that night?

A ticket is ALWAYS required to book FP+ (in advance). And a ticket cannot exist in more than one MDX profile, so it would have to be a separate ticket.

Last edited:
A ticket is ALWAYS required to book FP+. And a ticket cannot exist in more than one MDX profile, so it would have to be a separate ticket.

Awesome - thank you!

So if I bought one day tickets and linked them to those new magic bands, but then just didn't enter the park with them, it'd work? And I wouldn't lose the day. Right?

Awesome - thank you!

So if I bought one day tickets and linked them to those new magic bands, but then just didn't enter the park with them, it'd work? And I wouldn't lose the day. Right?

I believe that to be the case, but the situation could always change. I haven't seen much about this method being tried. I do know that method is used to get additional Same Day FP+ at kiosks, though _without_ a ticket. I did update my response above to say that a ticket is required to book FP+ in advance though.

Do extra adults above 2 at a campsite get charged the extra $25 per person? Meaning if I've booked a campsite space but have 4 adults will I be charged an extra $50?

Skimmed through the thread and the last mention of online check-in seems to be in Dec. 2014. Just wanted to confirm that it's still true that you don't need to actually ever set foot on the campgrounds if you proceed with online check in or find out if anything's changed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter