Throwaway room (read post #2041 or #2710 before posting)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have our on-site room reserved, linked our existing tickets to MDE, our window for fp+ hasn't opened but when it does, I will make what reservations I can. We have a daughter with special needs and if I need to cancel our trip, my understanding is the tickets will still be in my MDE account and I'm assuming the FP+ reservations but will I need to go in and cancel our FP+ reservations should we not be able to go on the trip? Will cancelling our room only reservation take care of cancelling our FP+ too?

I didn't know about any of this. Wow.

just want to say that my husband and I stayed on site recently. I go because I love being on the property as well as the perks. We didn't get all the fast passes we wanted. We didn't go on a few rides because of the long wait times but we still enjoyed our experience at Disneyworld!

Have our on-site room reserved, linked our existing tickets to MDE, our window for fp+ hasn't opened but when it does, I will make what reservations I can. We have a daughter with special needs and if I need to cancel our trip, my understanding is the tickets will still be in my MDE account and I'm assuming the FP+ reservations but will I need to go in and cancel our FP+ reservations should we not be able to go on the trip? Will cancelling our room only reservation take care of cancelling our FP+ too?

As of right now, it would appear cancelling your reservation will not cancel your FP+'s. If you want to be nice and cancel them you can. Nothing negative will happen if you don't. ADR's will need to be cancelled, as you get charged for no shows.

As of right now, it would appear cancelling your reservation will not cancel your FP+'s. If you want to be nice and cancel them you can. Nothing negative will happen if you don't. ADR's will need to be cancelled, as you get charged for no shows.

Thanks!! I would want to cancel them. As difficult as they might be to get sometimes, I'd hate to take a spot.

You feel comfortable saying " someone " adding a question mark and naming him :confused3

If you are wrong it isn't fair in my opinion to put this out there. If it was him, are you sure he was " advertising " it which basically means condones it OR was he pointing out that people were stooping to this level.

I said "someone" as in I wasn't sure if it was him or not, and perhaps someone else remembered exactly who it was.

This person was very OPENLY and PUBLICLY, and I mean by live blogging/tweeting the fact, that the loophole existed and documented the method and use.

So, now that I have a _few_ minutes where I'm not on a crappy hospital wifi and can do an effective search, it was INDEED Kenny, and he's got an article on the whole thing:

http://kennythepirate.com/2013/11/2...fastpass-per-day-and-park-hop-using-fastpass/

Read and enjoy. I wasn't "outing" anyone, so save the sanctimony. :)

So, I finally broke down and read this thread. Man, that took a long time! :lmao:

Now my head is spinning! :faint:

What I've learned is that booking a room and not staying in it is considered unethical by some. Others feel it's fine as long as you don't cancel the reservation and keep the perks associated with the cancelled reservation. But there's a third school of thought maintaining that it is actually more considerate to cancel if you're not actually sleeping in the room (especially campground reservations) so that others are not prevented from reserving that space. Apparently, it's also selfish to plan a 1-night camping trip and actually stay there, because those who camp for a week still get blocked from using that site.

:headache:

In terms of the actual mechanics of the system and what perks you get with a throwaway room, it appears that you will definitely get free parking for the length of your reservation and possibly for the entire length of your tickets (that last one confuses me because even if you ARE staying onsite, you only get free parking for the dates of your actual reservation).

Having the throwaway room means that you get to book FP+ at 60 days instead of 30 days (that part I understand). Tell me if I've got this next part correct or not. Because FP+ is linked to your TICKETS and not room reservation, you get 10 days worth of FP+ if you have 10-day tickets (whether staying off-site or on-site). So, the only difference I see with that is being able to make the FP+ reservations 30 days earlier (which is admittedly a big deal) if you have ANY on-site reservation (even a 1-night reservation that may or may not be a "throwaway" room). But it's not getting you any extra FPs.

But here's the rub... then I read posts about having multiple sets of MBs and using those to get same day FP+ first thing in the morning (unrelated to the three you have pre-reserved). So now I'm thinking that even ON-site guests are booking an additional throwaway room (and maybe cancelling the reservation) to get extra MBs which ARE getting them more FP+ (albeit not more pre-reserved FP+... only what they can get on the morning of). But these extra MBs may or may not have to be associated with the same or a different MDE account or maybe not associated with any MDE account.

:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Man, oh man. I'm glad they replaced all of the "secret handshakes" * of legacy FP and replaced it with such a simple, straightforward system. :rolleyes2

* disclaimer: The only "secret" about legacy FP was that you could use it even after the printed time on the slip. Well, that and the "secret" fact that arriving early = FPs available.

well, when you put it like that...

Seriously, how hard would it be for Disney to require an MB to be linked to an actual ticket and scanned at the gate before being active inside the parks? Apparently, impossible.

I said "someone" as in I wasn't sure if it was him or not, and perhaps someone else remembered exactly who it was.

This person was very OPENLY and PUBLICLY, and I mean by live blogging/tweeting the fact, that the loophole existed and documented the method and use.

So, now that I have a _few_ minutes where I'm not on a crappy hospital wifi and can do an effective search, it was INDEED Kenny, and he's got an article on the whole thing:

http://kennythepirate.com/2013/11/2...fastpass-per-day-and-park-hop-using-fastpass/

Read and enjoy. I wasn't "outing" anyone, so save the sanctimony. :)

Really sanctimony ? I questioned you because it didn't sound like him...BUT while I'm glad you posted the link your post was misleading. I read what he said, he also said he was testing if it would work. Not condoning it as per his own disclaimer at the end of that lengthy post he had put up: I will bold it in case you or anyone else didn't see it:

DISCLAIMER: I do not guarantee that this glitch in My Disney Experience will work for any user. Furthermore, I am released from all liability for any damages, if choose to use this information for your own personal gain in any form. This issue has been reported to Disney in hopes that they will fix this broken system.

Really sanctimony ? I questioned you because it didn't sound like him...BUT while I'm glad you posted the link your post was misleading. I read what he said, he also said he was testing if it would work. Not condoning it as per his own disclaimer at the end of that lengthy post he had put up: I will bold it in case you or anyone else didn't see it:

DISCLAIMER: I do not guarantee that this glitch in My Disney Experience will work for any user. Furthermore, I am released from all liability for any damages, if choose to use this information for your own personal gain in any form. This issue has been reported to Disney in hopes that they will fix this broken system.

I'm curious as to what part of my post was "misleading". He discovered the loophole, and he published publicly how to exploit it. The disclaimer is meaningless in this regard to what I posted. I also stated that they closed the loophole, as per his update.

You feel comfortable saying " someone " adding a question mark and naming him :confused3

If you are wrong it isn't fair in my opinion to put this out there. If it was him, are you sure he was " advertising " it which basically means condones it OR was he pointing out that people were stooping to this level.

I think I was pretty clear in my original post. I disagree with your term of " advertising" as I stated above. I still maintain, especially after reading the link you posted, that he was testing it to see if it would work and then he posted that disclaimer to say he didn't agree with the use of it.

I'm done, thanks again for posting the link.

well, when you put it like that...

Seriously, how hard would it be for Disney to require an MB to be linked to an actual ticket and scanned at the gate before being active inside the parks? Apparently, impossible.

I wouldn't think it would be difficult at all. But first they have to identify it's happening and care that it's happening.

So far, at least as far as we know- neither has happened.

Although I did read where the originator of the "collect all the free bands you can, then hoard fp+'s in the park" instruction thread has said they are now deactivating bands when you cancel your reservations. So maybe they're slowly working on it.

:I read all these threads yesterday, yep, I admit it. By the time my hubby came home from work, I was really worked up! I told him in a rush of words what all was on the threads, what I was worried about, etc, etc. I must have looked really upset:( He just listened patiently, and then said," We're going to Disney! It will be fun, as always! If we don't get up at the crack of midnite to do fp's, that's okay. We will ride what we can, do what we want, and just have fun:goodvibes Don't listen to all this stuff and don't stress about it! We're going to Disney, our favorite magical place, and it will all work out!:hippie: Wow, did I need that dose of common sense. We'll go to Disney in November and have a ball, even if we don't get coveted fp's. Just wanted to shed a little common sense on the subject. Have a magical day:wizard:

I agree with your DH it silly to get worked up over planning a vacation. I am glad he calmed you down and you realize it is nothing to stress about. It is nice to have things planned so you can have a nice vacation, but if planning works you up it just isn't worth IMO. Some are uber planners and it makes them happy, some are not it makes them crazy and then all the ones in between. I'm an uber planner. From birthday parties, to vacations...it is just in my nature. For me planning is half the fun, but not one person in my family sees or knows the time I put into things. I do it on my own and never stress, fret or complain. They just show up and enjoy it...and also thank me for another magical vacation or birthday party or whatever it may be. Enjoy your trip:goodvibes

doconeill said:
I'm curious as to what part of my post was "misleading". He discovered the loophole, and he published publicly how to exploit it. The disclaimer is meaningless in this regard to what I posted. I also stated that they closed the loophole, as per his update.

He also, IIRC, stated that *he* personally reported it to Disney because he felt it should be fixed. The implication in posts in this thread is that he agreed with it...if he agreed.with it, he wouldnt have reported it himself.

I think I was pretty clear in my original post. I disagree with your term of " advertising" as I stated above. I still maintain, especially after reading the link you posted, that he was testing it to see if it would work and then he posted that disclaimer to say he didn't agree with the use of it.

I'm done, thanks again for posting the link.

He also, IIRC, stated that *he* personally reported it to Disney because he felt it should be fixed. The implication in posts in this thread is that he agreed with it...if he agreed.with it, he wouldnt have reported it himself.

I never said he condoned it or agreed with it. We simply disagree on the meaning of "advertise". He DID publicly say how to exploit it, step by step, regardless of his personal feelings on it. That is all I was saying he did.

"Here's a loophole, but don't use it!" is still advertising its existence to me.

I wouldn't think it would be difficult at all. But first they have to identify it's happening and care that it's happening.

So far, at least as far as we know- neither has happened.

Although I did read where the originator of the "collect all the free bands you can, then hoard fp+'s in the park" instruction thread has said they are now deactivating bands when you cancel your reservations. So maybe they're slowly working on it.

That's good news (well, not for everyone, I suppose).

Even if the MB is not deactivated, the FP entitlements are based on your ticket. So, it seems like the MB scanner should be able to tell if that MB is linked to the ticket you used to enter the park. Only one band should be. That would eliminate the use of additional MBs to get more FPs.

Use your first three and THEN get more as stated in the terms & conditions.

For the record, I'm not happy about those terms & conditions, but I'm not going to use invalid ticket media to get more just because someone discovered that it works. Booking a throw-away room that you pay for entitles you to certain things and I have no issue with people doing that. But, regardless of your lodging arrangements, you are only entitled to FPs using the ticket/MB you used to enter the park (or supposed to be anyway).

There was another poster who put a big long string of letters on every post she made. Turns out it wasn't very nice. Shocking, huh? I love yours though. :thumbsup2

TIVRAU (that is very rude and unfriendly) to use strings of letters or code to say mean things! There are plenty of people who just say mean things without using random strings of letters...sometimes I'm really amazed at the comments.

Oh for goodness sakes :rotfl: NOW it makes perfect sense to me cassiejo Thanks

My day has involved too little sleep and not enough caffeine. As a result I'm even more silly than usual. The crash will be coming soon; probably just in time for me to run the kids to soccer and rehearsal. I need a pick me up!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter