Thrilled to be back at RPR - Aug. 21-31

jump00

DIS Veteran
Hello everyone! Just thought I would give a brief update - as we are half way through our trip. The resort is fantastic we are staying club level and are enjoying the breakfast offerings every morning before we head out to the parks! Thanks to @schumigirl for suggesting the mimosas- they are a lovely way to start the day.
I finally got enough courage to try the Velocicoaster- Wow!!!!!!! Both my dh and I loved it! Rode it twice yesterday. Hagrids is amazing as well. But the lines are so long………. 90-120 minutes
The only downside so far is that the Mummy is still not open. I really thought late summer would mean August.
Funny tidbit: I mentioned to my dh in the club lounge something “Carole” said in her trip report and Raphael (amazing guy!) said you know Carole and Tom????? I said only by her wonderful “reports” she writes…… and then added…..we were so sad we were missing saying “hi” to them by a mere 2 days. Another person chimed in “we love Carole and Tom” and … we were just talking about them and their upcoming trip this morning 😀. So sweet🤗
I will try to do a highlight of our trip when we get back. The good and the bad (if any 😉)
Thanks for reading - Brenda😁

Last edited:
Hi Brenda......

I`m so glad you`re there and hopefully having the best time!!

Wow on the Velocicoaster.......ultra happy you both loved it, shame about the lines for Hagrid`s and yes Mummy was supposed to be open by now, they seem to be having unexpected issues.

I`m so glad you`re enjoying the Mimosas, I agree, perfect way to start the day.

You need to have a special "Carole" Mimosa....just sparkly, no fruit juice 🥂much nicer 😉

And I`m so glad you met the lovely Raphael......he is adorable, they all are actually, we miss them a lot......please tell them Carole & Tom send them all huge hugs, they are a fabulous team up there. And that was sweet what they said......made me smile!!!

Hope you enjoy the rest of your trip and look forward to hearing all about it....yes, I`m still gutted we miss you by so little time!!!

Hi Brenda......

I`m so glad you`re there and hopefully having the best time!!

Wow on the Velocicoaster.......ultra happy you both loved it, shame about the lines for Hagrid`s and yes Mummy was supposed to be open by now, they seem to be having unexpected issues.

I`m so glad you`re enjoying the Mimosas, I agree, perfect way to start the day.

You need to have a special "Carole" Mimosa....just sparkly, no fruit juice 🥂much nicer 😉

And I`m so glad you met the lovely Raphael......he is adorable, they all are actually, we miss them a lot......please tell them Carole & Tom send them all huge hugs, they are a fabulous team up there. And that was sweet what they said......made me smile!!!

Hope you enjoy the rest of your trip and look forward to hearing all about it....yes, I`m still gutted we miss you by so little time!!!
Carole!!!!🤗 Thanks for the quick response. Yes I might try the “Carole” mimosa tomorrow 😉 We are having a super time. I have a question…when we rode Velocicoaster this morning I really felt like I was coming out of my seat😧 Do I need to push the bar down harder? You guys have more experience than we do. It totally threw me…. Raphael said he is on vacation til September 1 so we said our goodbyes yesterday. What a lovely guy.
One week to go for you and Tom…exciting 😀
Take care,
Brenda 🎢

Carole!!!!🤗 Thanks for the quick response. Yes I might try the “Carole” mimosa tomorrow 😉 We are having a super time. I have a question…when we rode Velocicoaster this morning I really felt like I was coming out of my seat😧 Do I need to push the bar down harder? You guys have more experience than we do. It totally threw me…. Raphael said he is on vacation til September 1 so we said our goodbyes yesterday. What a lovely guy.
One week to go for you and Tom…exciting 😀
Take care,
Brenda 🎢

I think you`ll come out of your seat whatever you do! That`s what we love about it.....lol.....

I pulled it down tight the very first time, but after that I tried to leave it a little looser for more airtime......the TM`s though did slide it down further so it was quite tight...darn it.....lol.....but even so, we still came out of the seats even with the harness being tighter.

Raphael is so lovely. He is a genuinely nice person and so funny too. Many a time I was doubled over with laughter with him. Very genuine person too. I`m glad you liked him too.

Yes, 5 more sleeps......but enjoy the rest of your time there, hope you get to do Haggrid`s and maybe the Mummy too.......fingers crossed!!!

And yes, Carole Mimosa`s tomorrow....... ::yes::🥂

I think you`ll come out of your seat whatever you do! That`s what we love about it.....lol.....

I pulled it down tight the very first time, but after that I tried to leave it a little looser for more airtime......the TM`s though did slide it down further so it was quite tight...darn it.....lol.....but even so, we still came out of the seats even with the harness being tighter.

Raphael is so lovely. He is a genuinely nice person and so funny too. Many a time I was doubled over with laughter with him. Very genuine person too. I`m glad you liked him too.

Yes, 5 more sleeps......but enjoy the rest of your time there, hope you get to do Haggrid`s and maybe the Mummy too.......fingers crossed!!!

And yes, Carole Mimosa`s tomorrow....... ::yes::🥂
Thanks for explaining the air time - I feel better!!! I guess it was so tight the first few times. You guys are so brave!!😬 When we came back to our room today Raphael had sent us some delicious chocolate strawberries 🍓 and a beautiful card. We were so touched. He truly is “one of a kind”. We want to let RPR know how great Raphael and the team is at club level. WOW! 🥰

Thanks for explaining the air time - I feel better!!! I guess it was so tight the first few times. You guys are so brave!!😬 When we came back to our room today Raphael had sent us some delicious chocolate strawberries 🍓 and a beautiful card. We were so touched. He truly is “one of a kind”. We want to let RPR know how great Raphael and the team is at club level. WOW! 🥰

Wasn`t that lovely of him! They are so kind and thoughtful for sure, those chocolate strawberries are beautiful...and huge.....lol......

Yes, Raphael is a lovely guy and very professional, he`ll go far in his future and we were so glad to have the chance to meet him.

Hope you enjoy some more airtime on the ride too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter