Thoughts on our Food and Wine date night... 10/21

MimitoAlex

Mouseketeer
DH and I live in Winter Garden right out the back gate of the house of the mouse. We decided for our date night to head for Food and Wine at Epcot. We headed over around 3:30 ish... We did Uber because we planned on having some adult beverages. Please please don't come on vacation and leave on probation... Uber, Lyft, Taxi, buses... use them...

So at the drop off at Epcot has changed a little bit, they created a ride share lane, it's basically just before you get to the bus drop off, on the left. This is something that has needed to happen for a while now, there is plenty of room for pick up and drop off, as well there were some cast members directing traffic. So now you walk up the sidewalk along side of the bus pick up drop off corrals. Much more efficient.

It wasn't as busy as I thought looking over at the parking lot, as well we walked right through security, and really only waited around 3 minutes for the Passholder line entrance... which they had cast members double checking that everyone was in the appropriate line.

Once in we took some photopass shots, and they turned out really really good. so good I think that 1 or 2 might be going in our Christmas cards...

We saw that we could walk on The seas with Nemo, so we haven't ridden in a while and decided to check it out, I did notice that the " Mine Mine Mine seagulls"" are gone from the front of the ride which is terrible... pretty much this ride needs a overhaul or at least to fix the animatronic's (sp?) once in the aquarium. It is so well done, we did spend around 45 minutes in there....we love the manatees they were feeding them just so cool to watch them. Now I would like to bring up a touchy subject, please keep you kiddos under control they are not the responsibility of the cast members or other guest to care for. There was a group of kids running wild, not just excitement, or over tired... full on screaming, pushing, hitting, rolling on the floor, throwing things at each other, and the parents where to busy to notice that one of the little darling almost fell down the escalator, and one of the adults yelled why wasn't the "she" meaning the cast member watching them they should have someone watching the escalator... honestly you can't make this stuff up... Put your phone down, watch your kiddos and take your trash with you there are plenty of trash cans your mamma is not here to clean up after you. Just saying.

Then the hunger struck, so we headed for world showcase. First stop Canada - Filets/ mashed potatoes with mushrooms, we were very disappointed, the steak was more like a skirt steak DH's was more like a filet, over cooked and dry as a bone, the mashed potatoes and mushroom were however very tasty... we did not get the cheese soup this year, it looked to runny. DH did grab a Moosehead beer, at the normal cart in front of Canada, they are building something, Anyone have any idea what's going up there?

Then we started down toward the UK... Ireland - the seafood potpie is always my favorite and it did not disappoint us at all, it was really delicious packed with shrimp and scallops, the mashed potatoes on top really very tasty and just a slight kick to the gravy..

Then around the corner to France - Grand Mariner Orange slush... okay if you insist... I'll take 2 - and 2 beers... Merci --- then we found a bench and people watched. We thought about getting some snails but the line was quite long.

Then we headed toward Japan, plum wine, California rolls, sushi, and Kirin, then I saw something I had not seen in a while Violet Sake cocktail, this was really my favorite adult beverage of the evening. I wish I wish for a real ramen bar in Japan.... it would be sooo nice..

We tired a few other items but none of them are worth mentioning nothing special... really lacking. Another thing that bother me, is the grown up people just leaving their trash everywhere, and throwing napkins, cup, plates and straws on the ground. Come on people clean up, if you can leave your trash on top of the trash can you can put it in the said can...We saw some really different drinking around the world shirts, some where super cute, most were family friendly... a couple were for an adult only environment.

DH and I have only missed maybe 2 or 3 years in the 22 years we have been together... I will say that while DH and I had a wonderful date night... This event has always been a favorite, Flower and Garden was really nice this year, and I'm looking forward to Christmas.
I will say that this years overall event was shabby, and in need of a overhaul.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter