• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Thoughts on our ADR?

ccrosswhite

Mouseketeer
There are 10 of us travelling June 28th through July 5th. We are staying at AOA
We will be on the DDP and thought I would ask for your comments on our ADR.

Thursday 6/28 arrive at 12, Boatwrights at 6:55 for a family dinner to kick things off.
Friday 6/29 8 am Crystal Palace buffet
Saturday 6/30 Tusker house 6:25 PM with ROL 1st show.
Sunday 7/1 Ohana breakfast @ 845 and Frontera Cocina @7:15 (wish we could change ohana to supper now, but can't find reservations) REPLACED FRONTERA WITH Ohana at 4pm, dropped breakfast
Monday 7/2 8:05 @ Akershus
Tuesday 7/3 12:40 50's prime time diner and we splurged and got the Star Wars Desert Specatular that night.
Wednesday 7/4 no TS planned as we have used up our 7. CORAL REEF @7:00

Does this sound okay? We are doing Frontera because my dad likes Rick Bayless. My oldest nephew (19) wanted to do ohana breakfast, but now he can't go, and we booked that just for him.
50's prime time was just something to eat that day.

We aren't horribly stuck on anything but Akershus and Crystal Palace.

Last edited:
I might book a TS restaurant on the 4th and pay for 50's OOP. You have to eat and you might save over a CS, depending on what you order.

I like boatwrights and for a big family dinner it is a good set up.

I will say that you booked 'Ohana breakfast, and while it is a favorite of mine, I think that there are better uses f TS meal credits, so if you are not stuck on that one, I would ditch it.

Given the prices, I think I would pay OOP for Ohana breakfast and pick another TS on 7/4.
I think you can do better with your last TS. Depending on what park you will be at that day, there are lots of options.

The one thing that sticks right out to me, as I will be there at that time, is your 8 am Crystal Palace. That is an Early Entree day at MK so you would be missing that opportunity. Of all of the Extra Magic Morning Early Entry parks, you can really get ALOT done at MK for the first couple of hours. The EMH is from 8-9. I see you're stuck on Crystal Palace, but perhaps you could ride first and get a later booking there? There are so many rides open, it is an incredible waste to miss the EMH there. Not sure how your tickets or other time is booked but maybe it could take the place of the Ohana Breakfast or on the Wednesday where nothing is booked.

Last edited:

Hmm,thanks for your thoughts, maybe we can change our crystal palace breakfast. That is our first day in the parks, and wanted to do breakfast together, but if we could make it later, that isn't bad. As far as 50's diner, we were just looking for something to eat that day. Any suggestions on what to switch to? And We might drop ohana breakfast, we just need to see what we can do the 4th. I think we were planning not MK on the 4th due to crowds, but we could do whatever. Any other suggestions on where to eat if we drop ohana breakfast?

Hmm,thanks for your thoughts, maybe we can change our crystal palace breakfast. That is our first day in the parks, and wanted to do breakfast together, but if we could make it later, that isn't bad. As far as 50's diner, we were just looking for something to eat that day. Any suggestions on what to switch to? And We might drop ohana breakfast, we just need to see what we can do the 4th. I think we were planning not MK on the 4th due to crowds, but we could do whatever. Any other suggestions on where to eat if we drop ohana breakfast?

In DHS we like Mama Melrose. If you want 50's I would just cost it out to see if it is your best use of TS. I am all about making sure I do not pay OOP more than I need to. If you need to pay fpor another may at some point in the trip it is best to have an idea what teh cost is and if you used a credit to pay for a cheaper meal.

We loved Frontera when we were last in WDW in September. In fact, we ate there twice during our 12 day stay. Enjoy!

There are 10 of us travelling June 28th through July 5th. We are staying at AOA
We will be on the DDP and thought I would ask for your comments on our ADR.

Thursday 6/28 arrive at 12, Boatwrights at 6:55 for a family dinner to kick things off. **YUM- Great food!!!
Friday 6/29 8 am Crystal Palace buffet **In the summer we like to take full advantage of the cooler morning for the parks. Id move this to a later breakfast time :)
Saturday 6/30 Tusker house 6:25 PM with ROL 1st show.
Sunday 7/1 Ohana breakfast @ 845 and Frontera Cocina @7:15 (wish we could change ohana to supper now, but can't find reservations)**Keep chekcing hte site for openings for Ohana at dinner. Dinner is amazing and once again, I would not plan a lot of long breakfasts during the cool part of the hot summer days :)
Monday 7/2 8:05 @ Akershus ***Great place! Try for a late breakfast or lunch or dinner :)
Tuesday 7/3 12:40 50's prime time diner and we splurged and got the Star Wars Desert Specatular that night.
Wednesday 7/4 no TS planned as we have used up our 7.

Does this sound okay? We are doing Frontera because my dad likes Rick Bayless. My oldest nephew (19) wanted to do ohana breakfast, but now he can't go, and we booked that just for him.
50's prime time was just something to eat that day.

We aren't horribly stuck on anything but Akershus and Crystal Palace.

***See my comments above in red :)

So update, we were able to score Coral Reef reservations at 7:00 on July 4th, so that is awesome, still looking for O'hana reservations for the night of the 1st, but will keep trying.
Thanks for all of the updates.

Last edited:
Thinking of replacing frontera with 1900 park fare. maybe do frontera as a lunch. Thoughts? Also still trying to get O'hana for the 1st at dinner

Okay, we reserved 1900 park fare for July 1st, with hopes that we can replace it with O'hana supper.
If not that is okay. We will still probably drop our ohana breakfast.

The one thing that sticks right out to me, as I will be there at that time, is your 8 am Crystal Palace. That is an Early Entree day at MK so you would be missing that opportunity. Of all of the Extra Magic Morning Early Entry parks, you can really get ALOT done at MK for the first couple of hours. The EMH is from 8-9. I see you're stuck on Crystal Palace, but perhaps you could ride first and get a later booking there? There are so many rides open, it is an incredible waste to miss the EMH there. Not sure how your tickets or other time is booked but maybe it could take the place of the Ohana Breakfast or on the Wednesday where nothing is booked.
I agree about this advice. I know the OP mentioned wanted to start off together but they have a big family dinner planned for the previous night so definitely agree that they should take advantage of the EMH in the morning. This is also over the 4th of July holiday so expect crowds and heat. If it were me I would plan a TS lunch for when the park is at its hottest and crowds are getting thicker.

Thanks, we are looking into moving our breakfast to later at crystal palace, and will probably end up dropping our ohana breakfast. Waiting on decision from my mother. I am doing all the reservations and stuff so I have to get her ok to switch things, but right now we have 8 ts adrs and only can use 7, so we will be dropping something.

Arrggghhh, I keep trying to find Ohana for the 1st or 4th of July but no luck so far. Or for June 28th.
I will just keep looking.

Love 50's Prime Time Cafe (Good food). Coral Reef might be a bit of a gamble from our experience. We have eaten there 4 times. Twice it was really really good, but not so good the other two times we ate there. I will say that the Bailey's & Jack Daniels Chocolate Mousse is a very good dessert item at Coral Reef.

okay, updates,
We are still looking to move our Ohana breakfast to supper, we now have our fastpasses reserved, and we have changed some of our dining.

-We are now doing Crystal Palace at 9:30 on Friday June 29th, that gives us the EMH hours before we eat. We have Big Thunder Mountain for the boys at 10:45 and Peter Pan for the girls at the same time. Space Mountain at 11:30 and splash mountain at 3:20. I tried to get earlier on those, but kind of fell asleep and didn't get to reserving FP+ until like 4 am and I couldn't even get 7 dwarf so I am hoping to get it during the EMH or early.

-Saturday the 30th is our Animal Kingdom day, so we have EMH from 8 to 9 that morning. I got FOP but not until 4:55 that afternoon, so that is fine. I have Safaris at 10 am and Everest at 11:50, and we have dinner that night at Tusker with ROL at 6:25.

-Sunday is still our nothing day, probably will go to the beach, but currently have 8:45 Ohana breakfast, and DF decided not to do Frontera, so we are doing 1900 Park Fare at 7:30pm

-Monday July 2nd is our Epcot day. We have 9pm to 11pm EMH that day. We have 8:05 breakfast at Akershus, then we have our fastpasses starting at 10am for Soarin, 11:20 for the seas, and 1:40 for Mission:space. Some of these the girls and boys will want to seperate on so I am waiting on what else they want to do. My DF is a GM retiree and we will get Test Track fp from his ID card.

-Tuesday July 3rd is our Hollywood Studios day. We have EMH from 7-8 am and our first FP is at 8:50 for star tours. At 10:25 the boys are doing RNR and the girls are doing voyage of the little mermaid. We have lunch at 12:40 at 50's Prime Time and then at 2:50 we have FP+ for Slinky Dog Dash, which is the earliest I could get them. We have the 8:30 PM for Star Wars Dessert as well that night.

-Wednesday July 4th is our last day in the parks, and it is a free for all. The boys have test track in epcot that day, and we are doing supper at Coral Reef at 7:15 that night, but nothing else set in stone.

We leave the next morning!

What do you think?

I think you will all be exhausted! You have some very long days, but possibly in the middle you are planning on going back to resort for a rest/pool? But I suppose you are using the time you have to do all that you want to see.
Also, keep trying on tweaking your FPs, checking other available times, it often works.

Last edited:
I will keep looking at my FPS, I know I am personally looking forward to the pool. With my son and nephews, they want to go open to close, so I will be trying to keep up, but a 41 year old body wasn't designed to keep up with 19, 18, and 17 year olds.

I will keep looking at my FPS, I know I am personally looking forward to the pool. With my son and nephews, they want to go open to close, so I will be trying to keep up, but a 41 year old body wasn't designed to keep up with 19, 18, and 17 year olds.

I didn't realize the age of the kids, you'll be fine. They are old enough to ride transportation themselves so everyone can do what they feel like. It's that way with my boys, and I love it.

I would do Olivia's instead of Boatwright's, personally, I think Olivia's has better food and service, and nicer atmosphere to boot. Not sure if you still Boatwright's at this point, I lost track.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter