Thoughts on frozen bonus features

datunofficialDP

Earning My Ears
So I got the frozen DVD/blu ray digital hd pack and I enjoy watching the special features and such on movies so I was a bit disappointed when I discovered the bonus features were less than 40 mins. Watched it all and they barely talked about the making of the movie at all.
Regardless I'm happy I have the movie but did anyone else feel this way?

Well, I'm glad to hear that I didn't miss out on anything. I don't own a Blu-ray player and I don't plan on buying one anytime soon. But I have been feeling like the movies studios (not just Disney) have been trying to blackmail me into buying a Blu-ray player by removing all bonus features from standard DVDs. I'm not falling for it.

sailorstitch

Unfortunately it is a terrible Blu-Ray release. The bonus features leave a LOT to be desired. There is so much they can do with these releases, but just choose not to anymore.

I, personally, don't think there has been a satisfying DVD/Blu-Ray Release since The Little Mermaid on DVD (not this most recent release, the one in 2007ish).

I thought the same thing. :confused3 I started the song and it was cute and got me excited for the behind the scenes that I was coming and it just ended. :rolleyes2 Glad I am not the only one to think this. Love the movie though! :thumbsup2

We have not gotten it yet. We are trying to decide if we should wait for the 3D version. I don't understand why you can buy the 3D version on VUDU now for $35.00 but you cant get it in the stores on a blue-ray.

Disney seems to be getting farther and farther away from including lots of bonus features on their releases. I was sorely disappointed when I got my copy of Wreck-It-Ralph and there was barely anything on the making of the movie. The Little Mermaid as well, it seemed all the special features were the same ones from the last big DVD release repackaged. It's very disappointing.

They are definitely offering less and less. In the UK you can't even get double play bluerays anymore. They still charge the same price though.....

The worst part is a somewhat funny song on the making of Frozen and then NO making of Frozen on the disk! I didn't mind the joke song is was fun and funny, but to include it and then not give us a making of documentary was terrible.

I think we will have to wait for the 10th anniversary box set to get any good extra features like commentaries and making of documentaries.

Terrible. Awesome movie but a joke song? Shouldn't be able to put 'making of' on the box. Cute song but put the making of after. Disappointed in Disney- bad lithograph choices, no merchandise available and no extras on the DVD.

I am surprised that there werent as many bonus features. I did buy the Target version that had an extra disc. It had 1 deleted scene, the voices of Frozen featurette and a Frozen art gallery. The art gallery is what's in the Art of Frozen book.

It's unfortunate that bonus material seems to be spread out in different items. I thought the 2 disc soundtrack had great insight into the making of the film. Kristen Anderson-Lopez and Robert Lopez sharing outakes.

I am surprised that there werent as many bonus features. I did buy the Target version that had an extra disc. It had 1 deleted scene, the voices of Frozen featurette and a Frozen art gallery. The art gallery is what's in the Art of Frozen book.

It's unfortunate that bonus material seems to be spread out in different items. I thought the 2 disc soundtrack had great insight into the making of the film. Kristen Anderson-Lopez and Robert Lopez sharing outakes.

Could you tell us a little more about the deleted scene and the Voices of Frozen featurette? I'm debating whether or not it is worth it.

It's worth it because I paid the same price as a Blu-Ray/DVD/Digital. But make sure it's marked. Last week it was $19

The deleted scene is Halt, you Swine... Anna getting messy in a pig pen. Looks to be the scene before she goes to the shared closet deleted scene.

Voices featurette was nice but short. Main 4 actors plus the Duke. They would cut between the sound studio and the scenes.

I recommend the Art of Frozen book. Also look up the Jennifer Lee and Kristin Anderson Lopez interview of NPR. It's nice to see how Elsa changed and how much Let It Go impacted the course of the film

Oh... As far as hunting it down if you can't find a version with the bonus features... I'm sure you can find this on YouTube. I rarely watch bonus features over and over again. This wasn't one of them
Hope that helps.

Well, I'm glad to hear that I didn't miss out on anything. I don't own a Blu-ray player and I don't plan on buying one anytime soon. But I have been feeling like the movies studios (not just Disney) have been trying to blackmail me into buying a Blu-ray player by removing all bonus features from standard DVDs. I'm not falling for it.

sailorstitch

OK. I got my Blu-ray player for the equivalent of $70 in credit card points. I see them on store shelves for $60. The hardware cost can't be the issue can it?

I was an early adopter with DVD. Bought my first player for $1000 and spent a small fortune on movie titles. And especially with Disney titles, the cost is only marginally more and worth every penny.

And my kid loves Frozen. The lack of supplementary materials isn't a big deal. I remember the early days of DVD, when many titles might just come with a movie trailer and no extra materials. I was also a big LaserDisc fan at one time, and I recall all the materials including a running commentary on a single analog channel as well as supplementary video only as extra chapters that weren't menu based.

I'm OK with a lack of supplementary materials. Most of the time I just watch it once and forget about it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter