Thoughts on Del Sol Inn?

CayBoo

Mouseketeer
Hey everyone! I'm hoping to plan a trip out to Disneyland for my birthday in May with my mom, sister, and my 1 year old son. I have a tendency to plan trips short notice, so renting DVC is usually out of the question in terms of staying on Disney Property for cheap. Last time I went, it was for fall break in October, so most hotels were at peak season prices. We'd be going right before graduations and the summer rush, so I've noticed some of the harbor hotels are a bit cheaper. Specifically the Del Sol Inn.
It's the cheapest option off the center of harbor, but I'm wondering if it's worth it to spend an extra couple hundred to stay there vs at the Anaheim Majestic Gardens. We stayed at the Majestic last time and really had no complaints. It's dated, but the rooms were big, the shuttle was a nice option and the price was much cheaper overall. Though part of me would like the freedom to simply walk across the street to my room rather than waiting however long for my shuttle to arrive and then folding up my stroller in order to get on.
What do you all think? Try out the Del Sol for a little bit more money? Or stick with the Majestic and save about $200?
Thank you!

We have never stayed at the Del Sol. It’s on our list to try. One reason I was hesitant about it, is the parking lot is extremely small. And they valet the cars very close to one another. Not sure if you’re driving. Also, our friends stayed there and liked it, but they were above the lobby and the lobby has auto open doors. They said the doors were loud and they could hear them open all night. So if you end up staying, maybe ask for a room not above the lobby!! Would love to hear what you think if you end up staying. ☺️

We have stayed at Del Sol on most of our trips and it was fine. We don't spend much time in the room but found it big enough for us to be comfy and it has always been clean. It definitely isn't fancy and is an older motel but it fits us fine being so close to the park and usually affordable if booked early enough.

Our trip this month we are only there for a couple days and it was cheaper to the Desert Inn next door so we are staying there this trip.

I haven't stayed at Del Sol. For a while their prices were outrageous (IMO). Like $250/night for a basic room when Desert Inn was like $150. And I can't believe they would have beds or a breakfast that would make that extra money "worth it" for me.

Majestic has been my go-to for probably a year now, and it's going to take something impressive for me to change to anywhere else.

I haven't stayed at Del Sol. For a while their prices were outrageous (IMO). Like $250/night for a basic room when Desert Inn was like $150. And I can't believe they would have beds or a breakfast that would make that extra money "worth it" for me.

Majestic has been my go-to for probably a year now, and it's going to take something impressive for me to change to anywhere else.
How do you get to the parks and back from Majestic?

We stayed at Del Sol a few years ago. Amazing location. Room was a bit worn but fine. We did have a car but don’t remember it being a proble. if the price was the same I’d say stay as close as possible. I’m not sure how much the proximity is worth tho

They have a free shuttle for hotel guests. It leaves the hotel on :00 and :30 and leaves the bus stop at Disneyland on :15 and :45. Sometimes they run a little early or late, and mid-afternoon the service slows down to one an hour for a few hours.
Thanks for the info! I'm currently looking into hotel options for my stay in a few weeks. Can't afford the Disney hotels, but it's just a few days solo, so cheap and close are the primary options. I'd prefer walking distance, but I'm not entirely opposed to a shuttle if it's frequent and reliable. Does it start before the parks open and run until close? I typically like to get there for rope drop and it's not unusual for me to be there until closing.

EDIT: Sorry to hijack the thread. Feel free to message me answers.

Thanks for the info! I'm currently looking into hotel options for my stay in a few weeks. Can't afford the Disney hotels, but it's just a few days solo, so cheap and close are the primary options. I'd prefer walking distance, but I'm not entirely opposed to a shuttle if it's frequent and reliable. Does it start before the parks open and run until close? I typically like to get there for rope drop and it's not unusual for me to be there until closing.

EDIT: Sorry to hijack the thread. Feel free to message me answers.
I can't remember how early, but yes, it starts before park opening and some time after closing. It's completely reliable. I'm actually booked there again for my solo trip in a few weeks as well. Check around for the best price-- I usually find it cheapest through booking.com.

I can't remember how early, but yes, it starts before park opening and some time after closing. It's completely reliable. I'm actually booked there again for my solo trip in a few weeks as well. Check around for the best price-- I usually find it cheapest through booking.com.
Thanks so much! It's on the list of potentials. The two off-property hotels I've stayed at in the past were both very cheap but a pretty good walk from the gates when you're getting there for rope drop and often not walking back until after closing. So, I'm now weighing if I want to go that route again, pay more for a significantly shorter walk, or find an option that has reliable shuttle service.

@CayBoo - sorry again for the hijacked thread! Your post was just very applicable to my upcoming trip and I didn't want to start a whole new thread about the same hotels.

We have never stayed at the Del Sol. It’s on our list to try. One reason I was hesitant about it, is the parking lot is extremely small. And they valet the cars very close to one another. Not sure if you’re driving. Also, our friends stayed there and liked it, but they were above the lobby and the lobby has auto open doors. They said the doors were loud and they could hear them open all night. So if you end up staying, maybe ask for a room not above the lobby!! Would love to hear what you think if you end up staying. ☺️
Good to know! We’re flying and plan on just ubering to wherever we end up staying. I’ll keep that in mind to avoid the lobby haha.

We have stayed at Del Sol on most of our trips and it was fine. We don't spend much time in the room but found it big enough for us to be comfy and it has always been clean. It definitely isn't fancy and is an older motel but it fits us fine being so close to the park and usually affordable if booked early enough.

Our trip this month we are only there for a couple days and it was cheaper to the Desert Inn next door so we are staying there this trip.
Thanks for the info! I’m one of those people that’ll spend the entire day in the park, but that’s nice to know in case I chose to take a nap.

The price at the Majestic is really the best option out of most hotels. Having to rely on a shuttle is not always the greatest, but having that option is definitely nice.

Thanks so much! It's on the list of potentials. The two off-property hotels I've stayed at in the past were both very cheap but a pretty good walk from the gates when you're getting there for rope drop and often not walking back until after closing. So, I'm now weighing if I want to go that route again, pay more for a significantly shorter walk, or find an option that has reliable shuttle service.

@CayBoo - sorry again for the hijacked thread! Your post was just very applicable to my upcoming trip and I didn't want to start a whole new thread about the same hotels.
No worries! 😊 I’m glad this thread helped!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter