Thoughts on 3D rides

Rapunzeland

Mouseketeer
I'm interested to hear people who can't see in 3D (have no depth perceptions) views on 3D rides I can only see in 3D if I focus so I end up getting woen out my brother cant at all and thinks my family look silly when watching 3D movies.

Do you still enjoy the ride when its not in 3D do you enjoy it but wonder why everyone thinks its amazing

For me it's tough to be a bug was one of the few 3D experiences where I didn't have to focus. I loved it ...it may have been where I was sitting as my lazy eye is why I can't see in 3D well but when people say its tough to be a bug is bad I just don't understand

I struggle with 3D and avoid it as much as possible. A lot of times it helps me to cover one eye. I love Star Tours and FOP. Love FOP. And the Toy story games. But I skip movies and shows in 3D.

my lazy eye is why I can't see in 3D well

Same problem. Most of the time I do not experience the effects. On rare occasions I will see in 3-D. I don't go to 3-D movies. At Disney I know going in what to expect, so if I get a glimpse of 3-D here and there I'm happy.

I realized I couldn't see in 3D at the movies. (Well I knew for a long time that I couldn't see 3d but had to convince the theatre .)(Can't remember which one I was supposed to see but remember the theatre had me go into Tron because they thought that movie was easier to see the 3D effects. ) I hate the fact that movies charge more for 3d films since it is a waste of money for me. From what I remember from the Yes tours seeing 3d has to do with the distance between your 2 eyes.

Just looked up this issue and will share this article with you all. It explains what is going on when someone can't see 3D. https://www.nbcnews.com/health/body-odd/why-some-including-johnny-depp-cant-see-3d-f1C6437360 (for some reason in wouldn't let me link it)

At some point I should look for my training manuals on my Yes tours. I know they gave us the background to explain this phenomenon to our groups. It is just that it was 18 years ago when I gave these tours. I do remember that it was an Epcot tour that was called Synergy at the time. The Muppets movie was part of the tour. I do have to admit I loved the Preshow more than the actual show. I guess it was because they used the song, True Colors, and that song was one of my favorites growing up.

Same problem. Most of the time I do not experience the effects. On rare occasions I will see in 3-D. I don't go to 3-D movies. At Disney I know going in what to expect, so if I get a glimpse of 3-D here and there I'm happy.

Yeah its good to see even some 3D if you didnt know. apparantly glasses can help people with lazy eyes see 3D( mums an optomitrist) most lazy eyed people have them but I dont need them... my eyes are above average but ones alot better than the other. Tho I had some when studying 3D animation years back it helped :).

I realized I couldn't see in 3D at the movies. (Well I knew for a long time that I couldn't see 3d but had to convince the theatre .)(Can't remember which one I was supposed to see but remember the theatre had me go into Tron because they thought that movie was easier to see the 3D effects. ) I hate the fact that movies charge more for 3d films since it is a waste of money for me. From what I remember from the Yes tours seeing 3d has to do with the distance between your 2 eyes.

Just looked up this issue and will share this article with you all. It explains what is going on when someone can't see 3D. https://www.nbcnews.com/health/body-odd/why-some-including-johnny-depp-cant-see-3d-f1C6437360 (for some reason in wouldn't let me link it)

At some point I should look for my training manuals on my Yes tours. I know they gave us the background to explain this phenomenon to our groups. It is just that it was 18 years ago when I gave these tours. I do remember that it was an Epcot tour that was called Synergy at the time. The Muppets movie was part of the tour. I do have to admit I loved the Preshow more than the actual show. I guess it was because they used the song, True Colors, and that song was one of my favorites growing up.
Oh wow its good that training was given to you! Being able to explain to confused/upset/angry guests could have been helpful :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter