Thoughts/info on quick serve options at Swan & Dolphin, plus Riviera?

I think it depends on whether the 'quick service' is because you're crushed for time and want to get something fast before hitting a park - or if you just want the quick service option because you don't feel like making reservations or going to a more expensive or more formal sit-down restaurant.

If the former, I don't think I'd go all the way over to Riv - but if the latter, it's a fine option. If I'm at Boardwalk and need something fast, I'd probably go to Fountain, or Boardwalk deli or pizza window (it'll be nice to get the corn dog place open for at least one more option). Even Cake Bake shop when it opens could be good for a takeout as they do have some sandwiches on their menus elsewhere.
Exactly, we plan to do some of each, so great to have both choices. Maybe one Riv stop on the way to/from Hollywood Studios.

So for those staying at YC, BC, BW, S&D, would you go to Riviera for QS meal?
I mean, if I'm getting a quick meal, that seems far.
I stay in one of the Epcot resorts 80% of the time and I've never been to RIV for a QS meal. Actually, the only time I've been to RIV was to go to Topolinos when it first opened. I'm not a fan of the sky liner and was just meh about RIV so no reason to go out of my way. If I don't want to eat at any of the resorts, I'll just walk to HS or Epcot and get something there.

Another vote here for Primo Piatta.
We took the skyliner from ep there for breakfast our last day after checkout from the swan (before heading to airport), and it was so good!
We had the Croque madam and blueberry lemon pancakes.
Both are 👍🏻👍🏻.
Definitely try to get there if it fits into your schedule!

Primo Piatto is getting a lot of love here, and while the food was great, there was not nearly enough seating and our food took over 20 minutes to come out at like 2:30pm (maybe those two problems are related--too many people taking up limited seating waiting on food). I cannot even imagine trying to eat there at a peak dining time.

Primo Piatto is getting a lot of love here, and while the food was great, there was not nearly enough seating and our food took over 20 minutes to come out at like 2:30pm (maybe those two problems are related--too many people taking up limited seating waiting on food). I cannot even imagine trying to eat there at a peak dining time.
This is true we had a long wait one time during peak dinner hours and it wasn’t ideal. But I’ve had that problem at most QS I’ve eaten at during peak meal times 🤷🏼‍♀️ less QS more like normal service with cheaper prices I guess.

Swan/Dolphin

Another one who loves the Fountain at Dolphin. For a quick breakfast sandwich Fuel at Dolphin is not bad. My son says the sushi at Kimonos is good (I don't eat Sushi) and I ate at Rosa Mexicano last time I was there. Its sort of TexMex with flare but not bad. Picabu (the QS) isn't bad, the emphasis there is sort of Tex/Mex as well. I often stay at Dolphin so Fuel and Picabu are my go to breakfast. Both also offer a AAA discount (I think Fountain does as well).

With the addition of Rosa Mexicano, Picabu has changed the menu and is not focused on Tex-Mex at all. In fact, we couldn't get anything Tex-Mex in October 2023--pizza, chicken and various meal entrees in the afternoon and evenings. Breakfast is still good too!

We really enjoyed Rosa Mexicano--ate there twice in May 2023 and once in October 2023. Lunches and dinner--we liked that we didn't need a reservation for breakfast or lunch. Not sure if that has changed or not.

We also enjoy Kimonos.

If you want a more upscale dinner experience, we loved Blue Zoo as well. Honestly, all of the restaurants (Garden Grove excepted because I've never tried it) at S&D are good including the poolside Cabana at Dolphin.

For Swan and Dolphin specifically:

Grab/Go and quick breakfast: Java and fuel have pretty darn good coffee and decent breakfast offerings.

QS:
- The Fountain is good diner-style food. One of my fave spots and good for what it is.
- As mentioned before the Cabana pool bar has good seating outside and surprisingly good food.

Lounges: One of the sleepers at S/D are all of the great lounges. Perfect for getting the TS quality meal with no ressies and quicker experience.

- Shula's at the Dolphin. The french onion soup is to die for. One of my fave meals is to get that soup and a salad in the lounge with one of their great cocktails. Obviously steaks are great too.
- Stir lounge at Swan reserve. Their flatbreads are phenomenal. I think some of the best pizza at WDW.
- Rosa Mexicano. Most of their food is good, but the quesadillas are some of the best I've had anywhere. Highly recommend any of them - personally had the steak and shrimp ones, but the nephews had the cheese quesadilla and I would order that in a heartbeat too. Also weirdly enough their chicken tenders were amazing that the kids had too.
- Kimonos or Il Mulino are both solid offerings, not necessarily my go-to, but wouldn't hesitate to eat at either one of these anytime.

Check out all menus easily here: https://swandolphin.com/dining/

I know I am in the minority, but I prefer to walk over to the QS food court at CB vs going to Primo Piatto when staying at Riviera. For goodness sake, at Riviera they call a croissant with chocolate drizzled over top a chocolate croissant!!! Uh, no! CB grab and go has better ones, with chocolate in the middle.
Sorry what does CB stand for?

After reading this thread, I am going to have to try the Fountain again on our next trip. It's been about 5 years since we ate there, but at that time it was terrible. Like Denny's but much worse. Although the ice cream was always really good.

After reading this thread, I am going to have to try the Fountain again on our next trip. It's been about 5 years since we ate there, but at that time it was terrible. Like Denny's but much worse. Although the ice cream was always really good.

Our 35 year old son walked over to the Fountain from BW this afternoon based on all the recs on my post. Said it was the best find in Disney ( and we’ve been coming for 25 years 😂). He was starving mid-afternoon, grabbed some tasty chicken soup and a burger. No reservations, no lines, no waiting. And he is a big foodie. Thanks everyone!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter